In 2015, SLING redefined America's relationship with live TV.
Five years later, we remain one of the country's most influential inventions and driving forces behind the cord-cutting phenomenon. We've achieved our success by filling our offices with people invested in the medium they're building.
Our teams are challenging the status quo and reimagining streaming capabilities. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow. About the position
Our mission is to build a modern, hybrid cloud enterprise platform for all DISH to consume. Our environment is...
- Highly elastic
- Based on some of the latest and greatest cloud native technologies
- Very fast paced
Your team will be...
- Enabling the core platform services for our organization to consume - AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, service discovery, DNS, IPAM, load balancing, private cloud, etc
- Driving a customer centric, highly personalized approach to the evolution of our platform
- Continuing our efforts to realize a robust hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Delivering software in an agile environment, continuously
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be...
- Highly motivated, driven & hard working
- Not afraid to fail
- A true believer in cloud native, hybrid cloud and continuous deployment
- Comfortable with scripting & using a Git repo for code management
- Able to work independently and clearly present results
- Experienced working with CI/CD in the enterprise
- A team player. We have a great group of diverse folks working together in harmony. Big egos and "super heroes" need not apply.
- Experience architecting and building Kubernetes based platforms across Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and/or VMWare
- Experience work in regulated environments - PCI and CPNI in particular
- Able to lead by example - we are looking for folks that can design and build. Hands on experience is a key to success
A successful Senior Platform Architect will:
Technologies in our environment:
- Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT or Englewood, CO offices
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Have 10+ years of professional enterprise development, operations, SRE, platform, and/or infrastructure experience
- Have experience building and managing large, highly available enterprise grade platforms
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with the better.
- Programming Languages: Go, Java, Python, node js, typescript, etc
- CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc
- Automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD
- Core Data services: Confluent Stack, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Redis, etc
- Core platform services: Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Consul, AWS, Jaeger, gRPC, Istio, Calico, Google Cloud Platform, NGINX, etc
- Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns
- Web scale, distributed systems
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,390.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.