Senior Postgres DBA
FEi is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEi Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEi is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEi is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEi team may be right for you.
We are looking for senior level PostgreSQL Server DBA that will report to the Database Technical Manager. You will be responsible for management and support of the PostgreSQL database environment. The DBA will primarily focus on the production environment, but will also oversee all lower environments, such as Pre-production, QC, UAT, development, training, test and others. The DBA will; lead the assessment and implementation of new technologies and administration of database installations (Eg, clustering, replication, connection pooling and management), database performance management and tuning, designing and scheduling of database backups, and be responsible for disaster recovery solutions. The DBA will work with a team of DBA's and Database Developers to support mission critical health care applications.
Primary duties will include (not limited to) the following:
* 24x7 mission critical production environment support to achieve business goals and objectives
* Database performance management and tuning; work with the development teams to identify ongoing opportunities to improve database performance through query tuning, indexing, and other tuning means
* Develop technical documentation and enforce database related guidelines
* Ongoing administration of PostgreSQL Databases on linux servers (Enterprise Failover Manager, PgPool, Postgres Enterprise Manager, BART)
* Architect and build HA and DR solution for PostgreSQL
* Support the data warehouse database in addition to OLTP systems.
Required experience and qualifications:
* BE or BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred. 5+ years of experience required for a senior level DBA with PostgreSQL Server on a Linux/Unix platform. 3-5 years minimum experience in database operations support with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
* Experience with the installation, development, maintenance and enhancement of physical PostgreSQL RDBMS to support Agile development teams and mission critical production systems.
* Ability to communicate effectively, work well with the team, and exercise sound judgement.
* Create SQL scripts for data conversion, reports, data analysis and data patch.
* Shell scripting and job automation experience
* Clear communication with interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
* Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Experience implementing EnterpriseDB Postgres tools (EFM, PEM, etc)
* SQL server, ETL and OLAP technology knowledge and practice
* Database tasks implementation experience in an Agile development environment
* Experience with Data Conversion Strategies
* Experience implementing NoSQL database technologies and practices (eg. JSONB objects)
* Database modelling experience
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEi Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement.