Senior Principal Cyber Engineer
Sterling, VA 20166
We are working directly with a hiring manager to add a Senior Cyber Engineer to their program working in support of a U.S. Government customer. The Cyber Engineer will support a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. This position required expertise to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. Security Clearance Requirement:
Current TS/SCI is required to be considered AND must also be eligible for DHS Suitability Role and responsibilities include:
Requirement education and experience includes:
- Designs, develops, documents, analyzes, tests, integrates, debugs, conducts research and/or discovers and analyzes security flaws or vulnerabilities in software, networks, systems, and applications
- Leads or assists in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources
- Assesses system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities
- Provides mitigation strategies for system security flaws or vulnerabilities
- Supports the configuration and administration of cyber security tools and systems
- Tests existing and new technologies for security vulnerabilities
- Reviews requested changes for equipment, technology and/or other factors/trends, which are planned for deployment in the customer space.
Desired skills include:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Ability to obtain DHS Suitability. Current DHS Suitability is preferred
- Education requirement:
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering.
- 10+ years experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
- Excellent understanding of cyber security technologies and concepts at both the local and enterprise level
- Significant experience in design and implementation of secure network and system solutions
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Able to lead teams and activities and also work as an individual contributor
- Experience with Incident Response (Forensics, Malware, Penetration/Vulnerability testing) and associated tools and technologies (e.g. IDS, SIEM)
- Experience and knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, sockets and security), operating systems (Windows/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security)
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, organizations, internal management, and support
- Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Information Assurance policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives.
- Experience with four or more of the following:
a) Security COTS integration
b) Security Incident Event Management
c) Insider Threat Monitoring
d) Operating System Hardening
e) Vulnerability Assessment testing
f) Identification and Authentication schemes
g) Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
h) Cross Domain Solutions
i) Computer Network Exploitation (CNE)
j) Computer Network Operations (CNO)
k) Malware Analysis
l) Reverse Software Engineering
Desired certifications include:
- Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities.
- Working knowledge of network protocols and common services such as DNS, FTP, email,
- Understanding of the processes and guidelines for Certifying & Accrediting (DCID, ICD, NIST 800-53, SANS 20) information systems based upon experience on a large-scale development program.
- Knowledge of software development and systems development lifecycle practices
- Practical experience hardening IT systems in compliance with STE/STIG guidelines
- Experience working with teams in an agile development environment
- DHS experience
DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II