Senior Principal Electrical Engineer/Engineering Technologist - Austin, TX
Join our IEP (Innovation Excellence Platform) team as a system architect that creates the forefront of Dell's leading edge mobile products. We deliver the most advanced technologies and form factors that lead the world in compute innovation.
- Work closely with Marketing Planning, CTO, Industrial Design, commodity teams, and suppliers to lead the delivery of compelling industry leading architectures/designs for Dell's most important product portfolio
- Leading technology investigations and integrating and assimilating new technologies into a cohesive and feasible platform design, balancing size, weight and cost
- Identifies and develops differentiation opportunities, provides technical information and makes recommendations to marketing, procurement, engineering, customers, and business executives
- Participates as required in strategic initiatives for improvements in process, quality, and cost, and generation of Intellectual Property
- Undergraduate degree (BSEE or MSEE) and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Expert level knowledge of mobile computer architecture, product technology and system level integration
- Ability to interface effectively with suppliers
- Ability to represent Dell in basic negotiation with vendors, OEMs, or internal teams
- Ability to conduct presentations to peers, cross- functional teams and director level of leadership
- Must be able to quickly and accurately assess trade-offs of competing requirements and present them in a concise and logical framework
- Must have strong interpersonal and executive level communication skills.to provide a leading role in strategic technical forums and meetings on a regular and consistent basis
- Graduate degree and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products, and competitor's offerings
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682