At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
* Responsible for development, update, and release of detailed electrical plans
* Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
* Integrate and document of Laboratory systems, electrical cable designs and electrical assemblies for aerospace programs.
* Develop and integrate wiring designs of a functional system utilizing AutoCAD Electrical or other Electrical design tool.
* Create preliminary block diagrams, wiring diagrams and detailed assemblies such as cable assemblies, Circuit Breaker assemblies, Relay assemblies etc.
* Must be familiar using SAE AS 50881 (Mil-5088), additional MIL specs and proven commercial practices.
* Knowledge of networks and Microsoft computer skills are required.
* Candidate must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplish them simultaneously.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
SITEAS Basic Qualifications: * Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9+ years of electrical engineering experience OR * Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7+ years of electrical engineering experience OR * PhD Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years of experience of electrical experience. * Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance. * Must be able to obtain Special Access Program clearance prior to start Preferred Qualifications: * Master's Degree in a STEM from an accredited university * Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management * Manufacturing/liaison support experience is also desired to support build and installation of assemblies as well as testing of aircraft systems. * Willing to work additional assignments beyond the defined requirements of this position * Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.