DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesAbout the position
Have you worked with Cloud systems and have hands-on experience with Edge Computing? Are you continually pushing yourself and those around you to get better every day? Are you a quick learner that is not afraid to fail? Are you looking to work with some of the best in the business using the latest and greatest technologies? If so, we are looking for a new member to join the Technology & Strategy Group within DISH Technologies to help us push our systems, processes & culture to the next level. Come be a part of changing the face of TV and help build new experiences for our customers!Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities and skills include the following areas:
Skills, Experience and RequirementsSkills, Experience and Requirements
- Provide thought leadership on disruptive edge technologies and market trends.
- Drive the development of Edge technology solutions as key architect and development lead.
- Develop production ready code and software products. Preferred technology of choice: GoLang (Backend) and ReactNative (Frontend).
- Work with partners to develop Edge Caching and relevant applications.
- Build and manage microservices based applications, with a solid demonstration of the challenges presented by the architecture including inter-service communication, service discovery, distributed log collection, monitoring and independent scaling of services, etc.
- Work in an Agile environment and exhibit the ability to work in a constantly evolving project, without losing sight of the requirements or the overall vision.
Must have the following:
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in distributed systems architecture and development, and able to code as required.
- 6+ years of professional experience and solid understanding of design patterns and hands-on knowledge in applying these concepts to practical problems.
- Experience in working with distributed systems and building/maintaining highly-available applications and services, preferably on a cloud platform such as AWS.
- Hands-on experience in building, designing and using web services, preferably REST APIs.
Nice to have:
**This position is on-site only. Relocation assistance available.**
- Domain expertise in streaming technologies, protocols, codecs and standards.
#LI-KT2 Salary Range
Compensation: $115,500.00/Year - $165,000.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.