As a Senior Product Data Analyst, you'll be part of our Margin Resiliency & Performance (MRP) team. This dynamic analytical organization includes our Complexity Management, Productivity and Warranty teams, all focused on helping drive margin enhancement for our Hand Tools and Accessories (HTAS) Division.
Our high-performing analytical team is responsible for driving margin growth through best-in-class analytics, insights and reporting. We are true entrepreneurs and relationship builders, fueled by a passion to excite our organization and exceed the expectations of our trusted retail partners. As both a strategic and tactical function, we contribute directly to Stanley Black & Decker's success and remain steadfast in our pursuit of excellence in market.
You will support HTAS by developing, running and maintaining automated Tools that will enhance product margins. You will work in conjunction with the rest of the MRP team to build dashboards, analyze data, deliver insights and optimize performance
- Leverage existing BI tools: including SAP/Business Warehouse, Hive, JDA, Tableau, Alteryx, and Qlikview to develop automated scorecards and reports devised to reduce complexity
- Advanced Analytics: Champion our data-first approach to margin enhancement, always looking for more meaningful ways to improve our margins and lower our product costs
- Effectively plan: execute, monitor and control, and close projects using principles, methods, and standard techniques that are appropriate to the specific project. Create and manage an effective project schedule.
- Breakthrough Analytics: Be a key driver in bringing innovative analytical ideas to the table that are backed by robust data science, models and insights
- Strong multi-tasker: Ability to work on multiple types of projects at the same time, i.e. discovery, concept development and production builds
- Bachelor's Degree in business, analytics, computer science or related field is required
- 1+ years' experience turning data into insights
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, interpersonal and attention to detail skills are required
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the following a plus but not required: Qlikview, SAP, Tableau, Alteryx, Caspian, SQL, ability to automate manual tasks
- Must operate independently, but within the confines of a team
- Effective communication, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated and willingness to overcome challenges
- Strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to recognize and adapt to change
- High level of enthusiasm and a passion for excellence
- Excellent organization, personnel management, and matrix management skills. Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people at all levels and different backgrounds
- Career opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of stat-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.