Red Oak Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Product Designer for our client in Pleasanton, CA for a 6-9 months contract to hire role.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in commerce or marketplaces and will have a proven ability to leverage an agile, data-driven approach to UX, conversion funnel optimization, checkout flow, and platform integrations.
• Focus on projects spanning across responsive web & app digital experiences.
• Partner closely with the app & core UX leads.
• Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations and Marketing.
• Effectively communicate your findings to stakeholders and partners at any level.
• Own end to end design process of features and iterations.
• Influence the direction of your part of the journey by identifying and defining new feature opportunities.
Qualifications needed :
• You have 5+ years of experience designing successful products, experiences, and interfaces for a range of devices.
• Strong portfolio showcasing problem solving and high design caliber skillset.
• You have experience as lead designer.
• You have extensive native app experience & responsive web design
• Strong visual design sense with clean typography and layout understanding.
• You have proven experience of taking a product end to end, and all the stories that come with the experience, tradeoffs, communication challenges, delays, quality review, etc.
• Have experience visualizing, owning, and executing the creation of product from initial concepts and wireframes, to collaborating with engineers on implementation in an agile environment.
• You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams.
• You are an excellent storyteller and communicator.
• You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm.
Nice to have
• Experience in Ecommerce a big plus, but not required.
• BA/BS or graduate degree in HCI, interaction design, Psychology, or other related fields.
• ADA certification is a big plus, but not required.