DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless. Position Summary
With a passion for motivating people, you will be the narrator of our story. You will lead a highly motivated, cross functional team on defining, launching and managing new products and services for our wholesale and 5G network services portfolio. DISH aims to disrupt the market by empowering business partners and customers with unparalleled network tools and capabilities to do their jobs more effectively and to pursue new business opportunities. You will work closely with other organizations driving the future of wireless business by developing an open marketplace for product creation exposing opportunities customers have never been offered. Through continual feedback and customer discovery, you will have the opportunity to evolve the way the world communicates. You will be responsible for leading the entire journey from product conception to market launch, delivering platforms that focus on customer autonomy and ease. This includes leading efforts on product discovery and conception, and establishing a product vision to inspire and guide development teams. You will also produce supporting business cases and plans for delivering products to market.
Thriving at the intersection of the technology and business, you must be comfortable immersing yourself in the details on each end of the spectrum. You are fueled by the need to innovate and foster value creation while acting as the customer's ambassador, focusing on the customer's holistic experience with the product. As an ambassador of creation, you will be on the front line as we aim to democratize wireless and reimagine how connectivity is delivered. Responsibilities
- Discover and validate viable and valuable technology driven solutions to customer problems that deliver them inspired and delightful experiences and solutions they will love
- Develop product strategies and visions to drive objective based plans that make actionable DISH's Wireless growth strategies
- Be an inquisitive and learned student of the constraints of the Wireless line of business and its financial and operational needs; Know your business
- Lead competitive analysis, market research, and new market and product identification in close concert with the entire Product Organization, independent from functional org-charts
- Be a product evangelist with customers, prospects, analysts, partners, executive stakeholders and employees
- Own the outcome of validating what is worth doing (The What & Why) and facilitate visible and shared stakeholder understandings that help the organization best triage what will actually get done
- Shepherd what will get done through the Product Development (The How) process
- Objectively encourage and execute on product pivots away from products that lack sufficient traction, including termination of product concepts in favor of new opportunities
- Be accountable ensuring the success of the Program Managers, Program Sales and Customer Service teams
- Design and lead multi-year product roadmaps with quarterly Objectives and Key Results that empower teams with clarity
- Instill data driven decision making as the expected norm not the exception; you will lead by example
- Be and be known as a leader within the company and be a role model for the company's culture
- Consistently creative
- An enthusiastic, clear communicator and creator of clear and highly visible shared understandings; A good story teller
- A love for working with customers: A love to listen, to learn, to teach if called upon and be taught if fortunate
- Fully engaged, a persistent advocate with a bias toward action without being abrasive
- Have strong curiosity across marketing, technology, and other disciplines
- Not afraid to respectively challenge the status quo or executive leadership when needed; An accurate and consistent voice of the customer
- Have a passion for mentor-ship, relationship building, collaboration and team development
Other areas of Interest and opportunities
- Preferred MBA and 5+ years of product management; or equivalent practical experience
- Proven product management and C-level engagement experience driving great user experiences that solve critical customer problems
- Experience working with B2B Partner platforms and lifecycle management
- Experience with value centric and customer experience design through usability and A/B testing
- Preferred track record balancing the conceptualization of strategic initiatives with tactical execution
- Preferred experience in general management with profit and loss accountability
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Project Management, Engineering and Marketing.
- Strong foundation in product discovery and validation methodologies (User Story & Journey Mapping, Customer Interviewing, prototyping, A/B and Qualitative/Quantitative value testing etc.)
- Strong foundation in product development methodologies (e.g. Design Thinking, DevOps, Agile, Lean UX etc.)
- Deep knowledge of LOB customers, product solutions, product data, business models, and industry competitors, domain trends and technology trends
- Desired understanding of development and delivering cloud native products as a service, virtualized deployments, containerization, DEV/OPS and CI/CD pipelines
- Desired understanding of new and emerging security principals as it relates to virtualized networks, radio networks, edge networks and devices
- Wireless device engineering, user equipment OEM/ODM specifications and certification
- Wireless supply chain management, device manufacturing, certification, testing, distribution
- IoT industry and verticals, device requirements, viable spectrum and management strategies
Compensation: $99,900.00/Yr. - $138,450.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.