What We'll Bring:
Job Description Summary
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.What You'll Bring:
We'd Love to See:
- Knowledge and experience in product strategy and management preferable
- Solve problems of diverse scope that requires investigation, analysis and may involve multi-level factors
- Ability to drive and facilitate discussion among key stakeholders in the pursuit of best solution strategies
- Proven success navigating matrixed organizations
- Ability to deliver recommendations and findings to Management and potentially multiple Business unit operations
Impact You'll Make:
- Experience with a consulting firm a plus
- MBA is preferred
- This role is responsible for business leadership of all of TransUnion's criminal data solutions used for FCRA and non-FCRA purposes. TransUnion is one of the few providers to offer both FCRA and non-FCRA criminal data. The solutions have historically been managed and sold independently. There is a great opportunity to think about TransUnion's offerings more holistically and in a more integrated fashion. This role will lead the solutions strategy including go-to-market options of more integrated offerings. The role may also assist with other solutions within the Emerging Solutions portfolio. Build and steward the implementation of criminal data strategic 3-year plan
- Gather voice of the customer from vertical leaders and relevant data & analytics from the marketplace
- Appraise new product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve revenue and EBITDA growth goals
- Ensure as table stakes compliance and security of all criminal data solutions
- Support investment cases for new verticals use cases and new functionality for the platform and potentially other Emerging Solutions
- Define the product roadmap and where to place investment "bets" on future product growth
- Manage execution of that roadmap consistent with established plans
- Establish processes required to support product delivery and where appropriate, manage those processes
- Support supplier and distribution strategies for criminal data
- Offer business development support to the sales teams and where necessary at industry forums
- Set the criminal data Solution forecast in collaboration with the verticals who use or may use the solutions
- This Product Manager will plan and track all phases of the product life cycle, from inception through introduction into the marketplace, working closely with Product Development, Operations, cross-functional support, and other go-to-market teams.
- The role is also responsible for supporting, reviewing (and maybe even developing) business cases and financial models, which support the roadmaps and associated investments for the criminal data solutions. Voice of customer then clearly is important to this role.
- Develop, communicate and execute the three-year strategic and operating plan for criminal records and as needed where capacity supports, assist with other Emerging Solutions
- Gather market intelligence on industry trends, consumer and customer behaviors, regulatory changes and hurdles, disruptive innovations, and competitive offerings to validate and refine our product roadmap and go-to-market strategy
- Work with the verticals, sales and others to create the market engagement plan that defines how we leverage our internal capabilities (e.g., marketing, sales, analytics, etc.) to best get criminal data & solutions to market
- Design and develop test-and-learn pilot campaigns with other support functions and business partners to validate key hypotheses
- Manage technology and other (e.g. operational, go-to-market, etc.) deliverables laid out in roadmaps
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Manager II, Product Management