Role: Senior (Real Estate) Application Director / Product Manager
Work Location: Houston, TX (remote or relocation will be considered)
Number of Positions: 2
Type: Fulltime / Perm
Company Description: Financial SAAS Application Development
US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.
MUST HAVE SAAS EXPERIENCE (REAL ESTATE PREFERRED, FINANCIAL SERVICES APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
Experience in Commercial Real Estate - preferably with underwriting, asset and/or valuation management - strongly preferred!!
relocation assistance – or remote opportunity – may be available for the right person
The Application Director will manage a team of technical and functional resources using agile development methods and scrum framework to build SAAS based applications that provide automated workflow, reporting and advanced analytics for commercial real estate clients. You will be responsible for developing and executing a long-term strategy and roadmap with a full ownership over features and user experience from idea conception through product launch.
Ideal candidates will have experience managing SAAS based application development incorporating advanced analytics in the financial domain including banking, insurance or commercial real estate related industries.
- BA/BS degree, MBA strongly preferred
- 5 to 10 years’ experience leading large scale development of client facing SAAS based applications from conception through launch using agile development practices.
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate - preferably with underwriting, asset and/or valuation management, strongly preferred!!
- Ability to speak authoritatively with clients both internal and externally on the product features and capabilities.
- Possess technology product sense and intuitively know what is right for the user or business solution but test, validate and iterate based on market feedback.
- Experience delivering embedded analytics providing analytical solutions with BI platforms like MicroStrategy, Cognos, Microsoft or related applications.
- Knowledge of application architecture, modern UX design, and SaaS-based applications.
- Experience managing complex product development cycles and highly technical solutions
- Experience working with business stakeholders and end users to develop a product roadmap
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines
- Experience working with and managing remote teams
- Intellectually curious, ask questions and connect things meaningfully.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Self-starter, problem solver, strategist, and critical thinker.
- Organized and very detail-driven but master the big picture.
- Superb verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong background in usability and/or software development and architecture
- SQL and relational database experience.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Automation and Data Science technologies
- PMP Certification
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM),Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC), Lean Six Sigma certifications also preferred.
- Experience with dual track agile or similar framework to manage the design processes
- Experience and proficiency with TFS or other agile project management tools.
- Understand how applications deliver value to clients both internal and external
- Work with internal stakeholders to translate customer needs into a product
- Build a vision, strategy and own a multi-year product roadmap for multiple related applications that include workflow and embedded analytics
- Break vision into roadmap, prioritize and drive backlogs for launch with dedicated engineering team
- Own and understand backlog and stories, providing definition of done and technical details to aid development team.
- Interact and work with Architecture teams to ensure consistent standards are developed and followed across all applications.
- Prepare and communicate project plans, roadmaps, resource plans, and status reports to executive management and clients.
- Test and validate new ideas in the most efficient cost-effective way.
- Coordinate and communicate product launches, system downtime and maintenance
- Drive root cause analysis for thorough resolution of product defects
- Support client success team with rollout of new features, including stakeholder communication and training.
Competitive compensation plans with bonus potential and 401k with matching. Excellent - low-cost to employee - insurance plans. Above average PTO. Opportunity to work with next-gen technology and to have a direct and immediate impact on business and clients.