Senior Product Manager
Purpose of Job
Digital Product Managers facilitate the evolution and implementation of the digital experience for USAA members. Collaborates with Product Management teams and business stakeholders to tackle complex and challenging problems in the line of business to optimize the Members digital experience, developing and delivering innovative offerings to market. Designs and drives implementation of multi-platform digital solutions. Optimizes existing experiences across dotcom, mobile and emerging platforms to drive KPIs. Employs a user centered design methodology/design thinking to bring world-class digital experiences to market across multiple touch points.
- Independently leverages market intelligence, competitive analysis, customer research, and member feedback.
- Translates customer "needs" and "wants" into requirements, and shepherd requirements through to delivery through collaboration with design and IT.
- Finds areas of opportunity and solve for member pain points to inform and create product backlog.
- Develops detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans.
- Leads cross-functional teams to envision new product features.
- Leads team collaboration to manage and prioritize product roadmap and releases.
- Continuously leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytical rigor to understand, influence and report on key performance indicators.
- Generates meaningful insights to inform experience improvements.
- Explores additional opportunities for analysis, evaluates current metrics, begins to bring in 'big picture' thinking, and seeks to drive clarity amongst team, partners and key stakeholders.
- Contributes to establishment of annual KPI plans for digital platforms.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to finalize operational plans and project list.
- Consults with business partners to understand current and future business needs requiring multiplatform solutions.
- Prepares compelling presentations and then presents and communicates complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Collaborates with marketing and other stakeholders to drive effective strategies for achieving digital goals.
- Researches and identifies industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness.
- Acquires, maintains and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and an academic understanding of Product Management.
- Serves as a resource to team members.
- Consistently provides guidance to junior team members.
- Assists with on boarding processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, Human Centered Design, or a related discipline required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years relevant business experience, including 3 or more years in a digital function OR 4 or more years in a digital function OR MBA or equivalent or a related discipline AND 3 or more years experience in a digital function (Digital Functions include but are not limited to: Digital Product Management, Digital Experience Development, Digital Marketing, Digital Optimization, Digital Analytics, Information Technology, eCommerce, Web Design, Digital Account Management) (Relevant business experience including but not limited to:
Product Management, Analytics, User Experience, Research and Testing, Strategy, Process Engineering, Innovation
Demonstrated advanced knowledge of digital products and emerging technology platforms, applications and standards)
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis and research techniques.
- Proven ability to effectively develop, present and communicate complex concepts to cross functional teams and leadership.
- Proven ability to influence business decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management/agile scrum process and agile product owner role.
- Advanced knowledge in Business Case and CBA development. Advanced knowledge of design concepts Advanced knowledge of experience design concepts.
- Certified Product Manager or similar certification.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses. Preferred
- Experience developing digital and marketing strategy, execution and oversight, in collaboration with the digital product managers and marketing, based on product prioritization
- Demonstrated experience developing and reporting key metrics to leadership/alliances
- Ability to assist with integration and awareness opportunities
- Innovative thought process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities
- Ability to organize work in order to bring value to internal customers and members