Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd Svrd NB, 78759
Michelle Laura Rocke
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Digital Investor Services team is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of our platforms and services which enable digital interactions with clients at scale. Our digital experience is the way that most clients interact with us on a daily basis, and we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for our users.
We work, think and approach problems differently than your traditional financial services firm, and we drive to change both how Schwab operates and how the industry serves investors. In this role, you will help drive the navigation and content strategy, including how we make data driven decisions. You will also build and manage a product roadmap and work alongside the team of product owners who will implement how our clients are discovering tools and content.
The team is responsible for:
- Strategy - Envision the future and build the near-term roadmap for our self-service strategy
- Execution – Own and drive all aspects required to bring new digital capabilities to clients, including the definition, creation, development and implementation of the solutions
- Client service – Serve clients with compelling experiences that improve client outcomes
- Partnership – Collaborate with technology, design, marketing and others in delivering value to our clients
What you’ll do:
- You will be on a talented team of digital product owners, who will own the implementation and ongoing health of the platform.
- You will help formulate the creation of capabilities which enhance Schwab’s channels and experiences.
- You will lead the generation of new ideas based on market analytics and interactions with stakeholders, clients and prospects.
- You will think “horizontally” to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients across points of interaction / channels
- You will champion Agile methodologies, participating in the product owner roles in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning sessions, backlog prioritization, user story preparation and demos.
- You will execute brilliantly in a deadline-driven environment
- You will work cross-functionally with technical, design, business, and compliance counterparts to define product release requirements and investigate production issues as they arise.
- You will work to create the awareness and engagement plan for your experiences and provide relevant and concise updates to management teams.
- You will serve as a channel subject matter expert and evangelist to stakeholders.
What you have:
- Strategic thinker with the ability to formulate compelling vision and strategy and translate that to actionable roadmaps and results.
- Strong knowledge base and experience developing or managing digital platforms, coupled with knowledge of the underlying technology, both current and emerging.
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships across multiple levels of the organization
- Highly developed communication and presentations skills with a superior ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and issues to leadership teams.
- Confidence presenting and tailoring messaging to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Enjoy being a thought leader who naturally challenges the status quo
- Good understanding and/or experience with financial services regulations is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
- 4+ years digital product owner experience
- Skilled at working cross-functionally with technology, service, marketing and product teams to manage the entire lifecyle of a digital platform.
- Prior experience as an Agile Product Owner or leading scrum teams is preferred, with a deep understanding of agile.
- Curiosity, a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to track multiple project deliverables with minimal direction
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, April 11, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 29, 2019 Apply Here