Job Title/Grade: Senior Product Manager (11)
Department: Sustainable Business Group (SBG)
Reports to: Director, SBG
Date: January 17, 2019
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time, professional position that will contribute to the DAI Sustainable Business Group (DAI/SBG). DAI/SBG is a specialized unit that leads DAI s engagements with global clients in the oil, gas, mining, power, and renewable energy sectors.
DAI/SBG is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to drive key software initiatives across multiple products and disciplines while integrating them with hardware roadmaps to unlock new business models and revenue streams. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a diverse environment across a geographically distributed organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director on the strategic development and deployment of software engineering capabilities in support of business outcomes.
- Provide inputs and insights into the strategic technology and product portfolio roadmap from a software perspective.
- Provide expertise to the development of software and to respond to clients detailed technical specifications and software requirements.
- Lead the effort to establish a software development capability and culture to deliver innovative products that enables new platforms, business models and revenue streams.
- Setup, incubate, seed and lead software teams in pursuit of strategic initiatives within the business unit.
- Recruit, train, coach/mentor, and manage staff that interact with the software initiatives.
- Develop, coordinate, guide and maintain product plans in support of the overall business unit objective.
- Define a vision for meeting current and future software development needs, while ensuring alignment and integration of software/hardware development with the overall vision, mission, and values of the business unit.
- Establish, gain alignment and execute on short and long-range initiatives in support of growing software capabilities and new business models across multiple business units.
- Lead efforts to ensure GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance across software initiatives
- Lead efforts to perform necessary testing and audit of systems and system processes including ongoing SOC (Service Organization Control) audit requirements.
- Oversee product maintenance and support
- Provide expertise to review and advise on software sale terms and conditions and contractual risks
- Oversee Quality Assurance, including but not limited to software testing, unit, functional UAT (User Acceptance Testing), pre-production, etc.
- Manage DevOps, and oversee appropriate development, testing, and production environments with appropriate controls and software management tools.
- Manage and oversee Agile software development teams.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 11: Minimum 11 years experience and Bachelor's; or Master s degree and 9 years relevant work experience
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of software products.
- History of building high performing software teams.
- Experience running Agile software development teams (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Knowledgeable of the Quality Assurance Process
- Experience setting up DevOps cultures and formal software development environments
- Experience in working across teams to deliver new commercially successful products and drive improvement in engineering processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience communicating with audiences from individual contributors to executive management to influence and guide processes.
- Knowledgeable about platform concepts and the breadth of business models enabled through software.
- Ability to combine customer insights, business needs and technology to deliver a superior product.
- Familiarity with a wide range of technologies, including signal processing, algorithmic development, machine learning, AI, and security.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with hardware and silicon product development processes is a plus.
Supervisory Requirements: Manage software developers and consultants.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.