Senior Product Manager at Vertica (REMOTE / WORK FROM HOME)Job Description:Senior Product Manager - Big Data at Vertica (REMOTE / WORK FROM HOME) About your role:
Vertica is looking for a talented Product Manager to work on our purpose-built SQL data warehouse and analytics platform used by some of the world's largest organizations focused on innovation and data driven businesses. Vertica is the only
analytical platform that can run in the cloud or on-premise handling the most complicated mixed workloads with the highest concurrency and fastest load and query speeds. We seek individuals who have hands on experience using data tools and building data platforms as well as product management experience in the enterprise B2B database software space. Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and prioritize differentiating and compelling features to increase value for our customers and propel market leadership.
- Work closely with our world-class engineering team to create the product direction by understanding customer needs and gathering requirements for our evolving product.
- Understand our market, competition, user personas and common use cases.
- Engage and support our field sales organization with a variety of tasks from presenting the Vertica roadmap to delivering messaging and positioning content on enablement webinars.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, sales engineering, best practices, documentation, and field enablement teams to accelerate our go-to-market activities.
- Engage with the broader organization from legal, revenue recognition, finance, branding, support, marketing, etc. to build a business case, launch new product or solve a customer issue.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, quantitative analysis, relationship building, presentation delivery, communication, decision making and strategic thinking skills in a fast paced team environment.
- Knowledge about databases and data tools.
- Experience using typical product development tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years in B2B enterprise software product management.
- Experience writing SQL is a plus.
- BA/BS degree , technical degree preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
MarketingMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status