3400 New Hyde Park Rd, North Hills, NY, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Senior Product Owner
for a full-time position to sit in either North Hills, NY
or Atlanta, GA
The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive approach to deliver one or more products, capabilities, services, or enhancements in accordance with the product roadmap. Works with Product Managers, Business Leaders, and a cross-functional Scrum team to deliver the product to the Client. Manages the overall effort to deliver products, capabilities, services and enhancements using the strategic vision as well as established key performance indicators. Understands the functionality and determines the release sequence. Prioritizes and maintains the product backlog and performs just-in-time story elaboration with the development team.
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Release Train and scrum team(s) via Product Increment (PI) planning, managing the product backlog and software development details, and maintaining velocity.
- Prioritize and manage backlog and implementation, ensure product execution meets strategy and requirements and refine features into user stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Partner with Product Managers to understand and influence product strategy and roadmaps, aggregate and conceive ideas for enhancing product performance and achieving product success/KPIs.
- Lead multiple scrum teams to build, enhance and manage one or more products, capabilities or services.
- Coordinate with other Agile Product Managers to deliver on a vision that crosses multiple delivery streams or release trains.
Sales and Client Engagement:
- Engage with Clients as a Subject Matter Expert to understand performance and needs of the Client for in-market products.
- Partner with sales, sales operations, client solutions, and client marketing teams to communicate product performance and value for in-market products.
- Assess product performance against KPIs and make corrections to improve performance and regularly communicate performance of the product/experience to stakeholders and the organization.
- Relationship Management - Implements stakeholder engagement communications plan. Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information. Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Requirements Definition & Management - Contributes to the selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity. Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritization of requirements. Reviews requirements for errors and omissions. Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source. Investigates, manages, and applies authorized requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Project Management - Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines). Identifies, assesses and manages risk to the success of the project. Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders. Adopts appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Ensures quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure. Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Product Management - Reviews analysis and performance monitoring for specified products. Supports problem resolution, resolves issues and acts on feedback and usage of in-life products. Contributes to product collateral and monitors results and feedback from product launches. Responsible for one or more products, depending upon the products complexity.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field.
- 5 years; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Requires and applies a broad knowledge of business, product performance and industry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology
- Experience in working cross-functionally with a variety of different domains, including Engineering, Finance, and Business Development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that can be applied across a diverse set of audiences.
- High-level understanding of engineering architecture with experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
- Work experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.