The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity
is a constantly changing and evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity
, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:Role Overview
A Senior Business and Product Strategy Consultant is responsible for working with key RS clients to define, understand, maintain, communicate, and deliver solutions to our clients in order to promote product adoption, client satisfaction, speed-to-market, and client retention among other things.
Applicants should have a broad and detailed range of experiences in all SS&C RS products and services, the Retirement industry, and technology systems and processes. Ideal applicants should have excellent problem solving, communication and leadership skills with the ability and desire to have positive impact on the organization and clients. Applicants are required to have a blend of business/industry knowledge and technical acumen. Applicants should be adept at navigating high stress situations including an ability to self-educate on complex topics, systems, applications, and processes in order to provide the optimal solutions to customers, prospects, and colleagues. Responsibilities
- Serve as primary product liaison for high profile client(s), ensuring that organizations are strategically aligned in business and product strategy/direction
- Become fully aware of and entrenched in the clients' product direction to ensure alignment exists between organizations. Act as an internal advocate for the client(s)
- Communicate SS&C's product strategy/direction to client(s) and improve communication and engagement between the product teams
- Consult and assist with internal teams (AE, Product Managers, BPO, Sales, IT) on the analysis of releases and product changes and their impact to the client(s)
- Align SS&C and client teams on product and release changes as well as related impacts to the user experience, operational processes and downstream systems or interfaces
- Guide and consult with Product Managers to ensure that the client's needs are properly understood and accounted for within product ideation/design
- Consult with large institutional clients to develop a firm understanding of how the client utilizes our products, services, and technology.
- Work with client to understand how changes (being made by SS&C or the client) would impact their current service delivery model.
- Be a subject matter expert to the client for questions on how our products and solutions can and will work.
- Work with our product organization to understand how enhancements could/would impact the clients' utilization of our services
- Work with client and Account Executive(s) and/or Recordkeeping Manager(s) to develop client level roadmaps and monitor implementation
- Influence the development of new products, product enhancements, and product redesign for an organization, entire customer base, or product line(s)
- Provide leadership in the development of product marketing plans and promotional activities that will influence the direction of the sales force
- Provide thought leadership to guide and influence overall business strategy
- Participate with senior management on business strategy decision making including client retention strategies, business development strategies, product development activities, and overall business strategy, management, and direction
- Participate in RFI/RFP responses and ancillary sales activity including exploratory discussions, sales meetings, product demonstrations, pricing proposals, finalist meetings, etc.
- Bachelor's degree and 6-10 years of work-related experience; or Master's degree and 5 years of work-related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Retirement industry, and specifically retirement recordkeeping, experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in retirement recordkeeping including business, operations, product, and technology.
- Ability to understand technical applications, tools, and software development practices.
- Expert in researching product requirements and industry trends and weighing against risk, cost, and overall benefits.
- Ability to work both independently to define your own day-to-day activities and in a team environment with other functional groups across the business and technology.
- Proven ability to think strategically and evaluate business objectives and outcomes for both SS&C and the client.
Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at for assistance.