As a member of Advisor Services Trading Technology, Service Availability and Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to deliver trading system stability, improve and streamline operation processes, health checks automation, issue analysis and resolutions. The platforms we support offer features essential to Advisor client business such as Portfolio Management, Digital Onboarding, Trading, Data integration, Move Money, Portfolio Rebalancing and much more.
We are seeking a motivated individual to lead and deliver exceptional solutions for the production resiliency of the trading systems. The role requires a high level of accountability to deliver technical solutions and continuous improvements in the overall support strategy.What you are good at
What you have
- Oversee and manage the quick restoration of incidents and problem management.
- Real-Time troubleshooting of trading workflows and participate in on-call escalations during market and off hours.
- Analyze statistics and incidents to develop and execute availability improvement plans.
- Identify opportunities to leverage or build innovative monitoring and operation tools for trading applications.
- Foster Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) mindset and solve problems through automation and innovation.
- Develop tools, frameworks, and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
- Partner within the support organizations to build and rollout plans for enhanced telemetry and reduce software defects.
- Receptive, approachable team member, with the ability to effectively interact with business partners, technology teams, offshore, and professional services.
- Strong customer advocate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why work for us?
- BS in computer science or related science or engineering, with at least 5+ years of experience with listed technical skills.
- Proven track record leading complex enterprise production application support efforts.
- Extensive experience in trading application support role in financial institutions.
- Experience in application performance monitoring tools - Splunk, AppDynamics, Thousand Eyes, Extrahop.
- Database knowledge - Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo DB.
- Experience with Atlassian tools Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket, Agile Frameworks.
- Ability to develop automation with .Net, JAVA, Bash, Python, Powershell or Perl.
- Understanding of High Availability systems, Server administration, Middleware Technology, Data Networks, NAS and Networking.
- Experience transitioning platforms to the cloud with knowledge of cloud frameworks.
- Proven capability to provide operational visibility on environment health to Senior Leadership, Technology and Business partners.
- Familiarity with Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.