DXC Technology seeks a Senior Professional Scrum Master.
- Several years of experience with Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Technology Consultant (5+ Years for Senior, 3+ Years for Intermediate)
- Several years of Project Management experience, including scope, schedule, cost, risk and communication management, both Waterfall-like and Agile (5+ Years for Senior, 3+ Years for Intermediate)
- Previous experiences in Application Development, Leadership roles or have been acting as Business Analyst are an advantage
- Certified as CSM, PSM I or PMI-ACP at minimum. Other Agile certifications are welcome as well as PMP
- Deep knowledge of agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Presentation and communication skills, written and verbal
- Leading, team management and coaching skills and ability to resolve project related conflicts
- Knowledge of working in agile project environments based on e.g. SAFe, SCRUM, DevOps
- Team player with a positive spirit able to successfully operate in a global context, a high customer orientation and project-related mobility (Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time)
- Senior and confident in discussions with department heads up to CIO/ CDO level
- Ability to rapidly learn and develop new skills to stay in tune with the market and emerging technologies and techniques
- Experience with the Project Delivery model to clients
- Expertise in at least one Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool such as Jira
The SCRUM Master will act as a trusted innovative agile delivery leader to support our clients on their application development and transformation strategy.
His/her excellent knowledge about agile methodology’s ideally combined with consulting, delivery and project management background will allow him/her to quickly establish a trustful customer relationship, driving large agile project engagements to success. The Scrum Master will lead teams on Agile, Scrum values, principles, practices, and behaviors; this will include identifying and implementing areas of improvement with teams and contributing to programs using system thinking, lean, and an Agile mindset.
- Build a high-performance team
- Enabling teams to self-organize, self-manage and deliver via effective Agile practices
- Support and enforce the team rules on topics like quality, Kanban WIP etc.
- Coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicate status to the management
- Active leading and supporting relentless improvement of the way the team performs its activities.
- Facilitate meetings like Daily Stand-Up, Iteration Review and Iteration Retrospective, and participate effectively in Scrum of Scrums
- Engage & proactively coach Product Owners to constantly refine the product backlog, with a focus on ensuring that backlog items/requirements are ready for planning into a future sprints;
- Facilitate daily team synchronization stand-ups/scrums, Sprint Planning sessions, retrospectives and sprint reviews /delivery demos/show-and-tells;
- Heavily involved in team activation with guidance on structure, risk identification and mitigation strategies
- Proactively encourage membership and contributions of others to professional community and coach others in areas of expertise
- Customer guidance and advice on architectural board and management level, considering their business plans and long term strategy
- Provide support for agile methodology to customers and project teams
- Design, develop and establish agile governance understanding the value of metrics such as estimates and actuals, burn down and velocity;
- Take proactive ownership of issues that could impact delivery of team commitments, reaching out to the wider Head of Software Delivery, IT community, Product Owners or other stakeholders to facilitate impediment removal;
- Ensure that dependencies with other teams across the organization or with third parties are highlighted during sprint planning sessions and managed accordingly;
- Work closely with the DTC leads to develop a continuous improvement program that seeks to empower the team through adoption of best practice tools and methods;
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.