Power the economic growth and competitiveness of New York State by providing customers with low-cost, reliable power and the innovative energy infrastructure and services they value.
Responsible for significant, enterprise-wide program, typically with large budgets and sizeable program staff, focused on meeting program commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders etc., has strategic and operational responsibilities. Spends majority of time on program management responsibilities. Leads the digital transformation via supervising multi-project design, testing, planning, change management, and coordinates the implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect many business units.
* Work collaboratively with program team, project teams, various IT teams, and related business unit staff to maintain thorough knowledge of product capabilities, and to ensure that all communications between project team and its stakeholders are precise and on the same page. Prepare correspondence, presentations and/or reports as required. Follow-up on correspondence and outstanding requests for resolution.
* Coordination for Program Team, Client and/or Vendor meetings. Assists Program Team with document distribution, scanning, copying, etc. Assemble training and testing materials or operating manuals as necessary. Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and Industry Regulations.
* Function as a Senior Program Manager in departmental and/or organization wide projects. Contribute expertise in his/her assigned area, execute deliverables and ensure that the project team completes project deliverables as outlined based on the project scope and business requirements.
* Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff. Strong decision-making and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties. Results driven, service oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently. Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
* Demonstrate superior interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills. Ensure open communication across project teams. Handle broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Create a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional area or among departments. Defuse emotionally charged situations and use them to constructively build greater shared commitment to end goals.
* Recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluates alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Analyze decisions and actions for their support of the larger area's strategic direction. Work with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* NYPA business including operation, customer, back office, and NYISO business processes.
* NYPA applications including SAP/ERP, Maximo, NYISO applications, Sharepoint, and others.
* NYPA application platform including database, application servers, middleware, and security policies/protocols.
* NYPA LAN, SAN, hardware, VMWare, network, telecommunications, and other infrastructure/Data Center environments.
* Knowledge of design specification, programming, and testing specification.
* Technical skills in all phases of systems analysis techniques.
* Broad understanding of IT industry trends and tools as they apply to providing solutions to stated business issues and opportunities.
* Experience with Disaster Recovery Requirements and Procedures.
* Planning with priorities; flexible capability based on the business focus shifting.
* Build a high performing team in a rapid business and technology changing environment.
* Collaboration with other teams company wide.
* PMI project management methodology.
* Experience managing large complex problems.
* Organizing successful project teams including sponsors, stakeholders, and project participants.
* Effective communication of project information and status.
* Deep knowledge of principles, practices, and theories in own professional discipline. May have knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
* Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology.
* Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
* Design solutions for varied internal clients.
* Considered a resource for others.
* Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices.
* Electric Utility Industry Perspective Knowledge.
Education, Experience and Certifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science or related education is required.
* Master's Degree in Business (e.g. MBA) or Computer Science is preferred.
* Minimum 12 years as Program Manager or Sr. Project Manager; has had responsibility for numerous successful multi-year and multimillion dollar capital projects and is able to communicate to senior management and executive management teams across business units.
* Minimum 15 years of directly related senior level experience for non-degree holders successfully managing various programs and/or projects including the following capacity: Business analysis.
* Functional analysis.
* Application development including design, build, test, and deployment.
* Applications support including maintenance and upgrade.
* Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
* Certifications / Other: PMP, MS Office, PPM Tool Usage.
Overnight travel to the various NYPA locations within New York State.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer