Global Investment Bank is looking to hire Sr. Program Manager for its team in Raleigh, NC location. This is a long term contract role.
Please contact: shobhini.srinivas(at)atyeti.com /
JD • Senior Program Manager with a good understanding of cloud / infrastructure technologies and processes such as compute, storage, networks, databases, virtualization (virtual machines, container), configuration management, and inventory management.
• Self-driven individual with an avid interest in infrastructure technology to join the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) program management team and help driving the new Public Cloud service roll out at the Bank.
• As a member of our highly collaborative and motivated team, you will work with business stakeholders, project managers, and technical staff to deliver effectively against commitments. Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your knowledge in program management to help achieve business goals.
• The role will require someone who is capable of generating new ideas and is not afraid of change, but can also balance that with the pragmatism of not reinventing the wheel. The public cloud offers many new exciting opportunities that will allow us to dramatically transform how we do ‘IT’ in the bank, and this role will be supporting the projects that are plotting the path of how we enable customers to take advantage of those opportunities.
• Manage each project phase dealing with partners at all levels and on a matrix management basis. Phases include grooming, design engineering, integration testing, production testing acceptance and Hand Over to operations. The role requires program and project management both.
• Running projects to an agile methodology (SCRUM, SAFe, etc.)
• Close attention required on producing status reports on a periodic basis and management of risks, issues, dependencies Perform a variety of Program Management and business analysis tasks.
• The role requires credibility and confidence interacting with senior management, business unit personnel and the technology team across the full lifecycle of a project. The Candidate will play a lead role in the execution of multiple strategic projects by:
o Demonstrating the ability to analyze vague project requests and clarify into specific tasks and next steps - Building and maintaining detailed project plans for team members and presentations for key partners
o Driving the requirements gathering by working with users to define scope of project, scheduling and running requirements gathering sessions, prioritizing topics, scheduling meetings, keeping meetings on track and productive
o Managing project team toward the goal of crafting detailed functional requirements documents, use cases, wireframes, data flow diagrams, sample reports, or other similar artifacts
o Acting as a liaison and advocate between the business users and the development teams, including identifying and integrating dependent development teams involved in a solution design - Proactively identifying and handling issues to full resolution
o Handling scope changes while marching towards project tasks, and project phase closure
• Build positive vendor relationships as needed
Preferred skills • 10+ years program and project management, planning, tracking and reporting medium to high complexity technology programs and projects
• Experience of managing Cloud transformation projects is a must
• Experience in financial services settings (preferably Infrastructure IT department)
• Familiarity of Infrastructure Hosting, principles and industry trends plus experience with corresponding Compute and Storage related projects.
• Certification in PMP or other project management certification (e.g. IPMA B, Prince2) required
• Certification in ITIL and Scrum preferable
• Experience in running projects according to Agile methodologies is required
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact & influence key stakeholders
• Familiarity with Cloud technologies
• Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change across technology and business teams
• Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention, rather than being asked to look at specific problem areas.
• Outstanding technical problem-solving skills and a passion to solve hard problems