DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we are building the nation's first stand-alone could-based open RAN 5G network.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesJob Description
DISH Network is a major pay TV operator in the US, owning DISH satellite broadcasting service and Sling TV. Sling Media, Bangalore, is a division of DISH and has a strong tradition of innovation in the space of video streaming and TV. Despite being a small part of the parent organization, with just over a couple of hundred employees, this team has conceptualized, designed and created a range of first-of-its-kind products, taking care of the whole gamut of technologies like hardware, embedded software, mobile applications, web services and other backend technologies.
As you may have noticed, the way we watch TV is going through a transformation. This cuts across multiple dimensions like video delivery mechanism, content discovery interfaces, highly competitive dynamics in the market, and the sheer multitude of content available to the customer. This is an exciting time to look at this space and help the company define the future of TV. Description
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience: 7+ years of relevant experience in playing role of delivery manager for software product development.
- Must have a deep technical knowledge and understands the OTT domain, its tech stack, architecture very well and stays well-informed of the latest and competitive technologies. Should have excellent people management and communication skills.
- Established experience with project management programs, SCRUM, and different variants of AGILE techniques are also expected, along with familiarity with code management and Continuous Integration/Delivery Implementation (CI/CD).
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Conviva Analytics, Adobe Analytics etc
- Works alongside with the Product Managers, Engineering Managers, SRE team and engineers to build a great Sling Product.
- Works with other internal and external teams including vendors and partners for timely closure of dependencies.
- Help the Product Manager/Engineering Manager to build team capacity based on the backlog and organizational needs.
- Works with Product Manager and allocates capacity for the given Customer Journey Team(s).
- Balance the capacity between the CJT work and tech-debt work for engineers.
- Sometimes does the testing of Sling Product
- Sometimes participate in tech and/or architecture discussions.
- Understand the NFRs of the system and help the team to include NFRs in every work they do .
- Ensures their service(s)/client(s) meet all of the NFRs.
- Work with other divisions of Sling/Dish for technology strategies , internal and/or external partners and bring best practices, latest tech, and learning into the team.
- Works with the engineering manager to get help to offset the capacity or skills gap in the team.
- Keeps track of day to day activities of different team members in the team, maintains efficient allocations and understands the team capacity.
- Performs the scrum master function within the team and is responsible for conducting daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospective meetings.
- Identifies blockers and removes impediments so that the engineers can deliver items on time.
- Work with other client, service, Customer Journey, and Operations/SRE teams to manage dependencies.
- Works with the engineers, Engineering manager, SRE team to define the on-call rotation for the service / client.
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $143,750.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.