Business Group HighlightsCivilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services. Responsibilities
Perspecta has an immediate need for aSenior Program Manager Technology
in Alexandria, VA
Perspecta has an immediate need for an experienced Program Manager with a software development background. Require experience in support of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and ability to ensure all contractor employees are aware of, understand and abide by all government rules, regulations, safety practices and will have full authority to act on matters pertaining to the performance of services under the resulting contract and any issued task order. The Program Manager shall also be the primary point of contact for the Contracting Officer and designated representatives of the Contracting Officer, with responsibility for formulating and enforcing standards, assigning schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization. The Program Manger is responsible for the overall contract performance.
Acquires follow-on business associated with areas of responsibility and supports new business development by leading major proposals personally, or through subordinate program/project managers. Has supervisory and developmental responsibilities within a functional area. Assists in proposal process and coordinates with Pricing Department when required. Responsible for all phases of the program budget. Performs analysis for contract reviews with various software. Develops Quality Assurance Programs for all products and services. Prepare Staffing Plans, including skill and labor mix, to support contract operations. May be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff. Assign staff and provide technical direction as necessary to complete task. Monitor contract, subcontract and funding; prepare forecasts of program financial performance.Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree with 12 to 15 years of experience or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA/MBA or 10+ years with PhD.
A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Require specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Extensive experience managing a multiple award IDIQ contract(s).
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWA, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite and project management tools.
- Experience supporting the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Extensive knowledge and experience as the Scrum Master that has successfully led a multi-disciplinary project team of technical engineers, developers and operational resources from the project initiation to conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements with the ability to recommend or take required corrective actions; skilled at-risk identification and management; and communicate effectively to the customer, stakeholder and project team.
- Solid knowledge and experience with leading and managing enterprise level projects that has a multi-disciplinary cross-organizational project teams from start to end using Project Management Framework (PMF) and Agile Project Management methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to identify programmatic challenges, risks and constraints coupled with strong ability to convey well thought mitigation strategies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with using Jira for managing backlogs, portfolios, products and sprints.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)