Together we fight for everyone's opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together - with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone's access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough ... we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with - and those we acquire throughout our lives - are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision. Are you ready to join a company with a strong purpose and a winning culture? Start your Voyage - Apply Now Position Profile:
Primary point of accountability to business partners and other parties for project planning, day-to-day execution, management, implementation, readiness, and reporting of large and significant projects or small to large programs where scope is subject to change, contains high complexity, and high degree of risk, large number of resources, and complex organizational change issues that support moderate to complex business unit or corporate goals. May be responsible to provide management and oversight for a business or IT portfolio. In every case, project/program objectives address complex business goals. The projects/programs will span multiple IT and/or business areas. Accountable to manage and monitor project tasks and controls during portfolio planning, project planning, and delivery activities to ensure on-time and quality outcomes are met within scope and budget. Work with a high degree of autonomy and apply expert/leading project and program management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications, presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Understand, apply, promote, and contribute to Voya delivery methodologies, standards, and tools.Profile Description:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, independent, go-getter, commitment to continuous improvement, curious and inquisitive
- Major plus if candidates have worked with projects moving data to the cloud and security surrounding it.
- Deliver project/program/portfolio objectives on-time, with quality, within scope and budget in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- Develop, manage, monitor, and report on all project, program, and/ or portfolio tasks, activities, controls, deliverables, and reports; and/or provide management and oversight for a business or IT portfolio
- Demonstrate proven capability to be disciplined and flexible at the same time
- Provide input into business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects
- Supply accurate project estimates and tightly manage project budget, approved funding, forecasts, and actuals
- Secure and maintain project resources and actively manage resource plan
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing requirements and interests, keeping team focused on top priorities, and finding ways to achieve win-win outcomes by encouraging new ways at looking at problems, processes and solutions
- Understand, apply, promote, and contribute to Voya delivery methodologies, standards, and tools
- Look for and champion opportunities to reduce cost and improve efficiency while delivering on all commitments
- Proven ability to take complex problems, provide simplified solutions and engage an organization to operationalize the changes; superb problem solving and critical thinking skills with thorough attention to detail
- Naturally lead and command authority, influence and inspire without control
- Exercise independent and fair consensus building skills when conflicts arise
- Anticipate and head off problems that can jeopardize delivery, budget, customer readiness, and customer acceptance
- Demonstrate team building skills by developing high performing project teams, setting a positive tone and leading by example
- Hold self and project team accountable for valued business outcomes
- Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult
- Proactively coach and mentor members of the PM community across the enterprise
- Efficiently operate with limited information and ambiguity
- Efficiently negotiate priorities and solutions
- Manage vendor relationships as required
- Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings and capture clear and actionable minutes
- Coordinate and execute consistent time entry processes and reporting for all project team members
- Proven ability to create open environments conducive to freely share information and ideas; Listen and effectively communicate with clarity and precision
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with project team, customers, and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across the enterprise (business and IT)
- Demonstrated success of building partnerships and alliances across the enterprise and at all levels
- Demonstrate decisive decision making orientation; ability to make timely, well-reasoned decisions that balance the needs of all constituents
- Demonstrated ability of influence and execute organizational and mindset changes
- Hands-on and results driven leader with a proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across organizations and cross functional teams
- Innovative leader with the ability to question status quo, influence change and provide forward thinking
- Critical thinker with proven track record of effectively leading execution and value through highly matrixed teams
- Comfortable under pressure with the ability to manage to tight deadlines while maintaining quality and managing to an acceptable level of risk
- Proven ability to apply judgement in all scenarios
- Expert understanding of Waterfall, Agile, and DevOps project management principles and practices
- Proven ability to apply expert/leading project management and program management skills, tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications, and presentations
- Expert knowledge of a project lifecycle
- Proficiently utilize current project and/or portfolio planning, reporting, and support tools
- Proficiently develop, manage, monitor, and appropriately report on programs, projects, portfolio and/or project tasks and controls
- Develop business case, understand it thoroughly, and continually monitor projects or programs against it to ensure benefit realization
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience interacting with and influencing senior members of management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Scrum Master / PMP certification
- Experience in VersionOne
#DICE Please Note: This position allows remote work from home but will require travel to our Voya office as business requires. Candidates must be located within a 50-mile radius from your assigned office location (AZ, MN, MA, GA, and CT) Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That's why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan - with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan - employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off - including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time - 40 hours per calendar year
Learn more about Voya benefits (download PDF) Critical Skills
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law. Reasonable Accommodations
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee's request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities .
Misuse of Voya's name in fraud schemes