Dayton, OH (Partial Remote till COVID restrictions) *Candidates local to OH only*
Fulltime/Direct Hire/ Permanent
The Programmer, Senior is responsible for analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team. The Programmer, Senior is typically being involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work. The Programmer, Senior has a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by the Application Team. The Programmer, Senior works with the Functional Architect and Technical Architecture Specialist on an as needed basis to ensure that design and code meets customer requirements. The Programmer, Senior is considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. The Programmer, Senior conducts complex work important to the organization and works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Must obtain a Clearance
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
Related Work Experience: 6-8 yrs.
• Attention to detail.
• Intellectual curiosity.
• Moderate functional and process knowledge.
• Operating System expertise sufficient to perform performance and tuning diagnostics.
• Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and has ability to apply them to work as appropriate.
• Review and understand the Application Team’s workplan.
• Engage in ongoing process improvement.
• Detailed functional and process knowledge.
• Utilize deep modeling, design and coding skills.
• Provide expertise in one or more database environments.
COMPUTER LANGUAGES AND APPLICATIONS
COBOL and IDEAL(Computer Associates), TSO, MVS JCL, CICS, CA-DATAQUERY, CA-DATAREPORTER, CA-DATACOM, QUIKJOB, CL-SUPERSESSION, PANVALET, FTP, Oracle, SQL, Expediter, XHTML, Dbase2
IBM 3080/3090, Amdahl, NCR, Microsoft Windows and Office applications
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management.