United States of America Location:
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Avionics Test Engineering is seeking to fill a Senior Project Engineering position with a talented individual who possesses a BSEE or BSCmptrE degree. The primary responsibility of this position is to be a technical lead performing the role of a Project Engineer and Cost Account Manager for multiple internal or external projects. Test Engineering offers an array of innovative test equipment solutions for Collins Aerospace products and programs. We serve our internal manufacturing and service customers, as well as external customers - domestic and international.
The engineer who fills this position must have systems, development, and problem solving skills, and be capable of performing data analysis for bids and proposal submittals. This position may lead capability studies, software and hardware development for multi-rack ATE and ESS test stations. Typical test stations include COTs components such as switch systems, oscilloscopes, DMM's, power supplies and other related equipment.
This position will directly report to a Sr. Engineering Manager in the Avionics Test Engineering organization.
- Read and interpret contracts and statements of work to determine project scope or team/capability gaps
- Extensive technical data gathering and document creation for submittal to customers
- Work breakdown structure (WBS) development to generate proposals and project management bids for medium to high complexity development projects
- Work with the program and/or technical project managers to develop the program execution plan and primary execution responsibilities to ensure projects remain within budget, on schedule and meet requirements
- Lead a multi-disciplined engineering team in all technical elements of an entire project
- Apply integrated project management, technical consistent process, earned value, and risk management techniques
- Coordinate inputs from various hardware / software engineers and supporting teams
- Coordinate test equipment design reviews and ensure the generation of appropriate design documentation
- Serve as the Cost Account Manager (CAM) for multiple projects. Track, report, and analyze earned value metrics as required to understand program performance and to recommend staffing and/or schedule adjustment based on these metrics
- Understand the relationship of his/her projects to other development projects, defining a strategic plan to leverage the investments across the business unit
- Contribute to the PE Community of Practice
- Mentor Project Engineers (PEs) and functional engineers
- Perform as an authority figure for all matters related to production and service test equipment, and leverage those principals to other areas of test
Candidates for this role should possess a STEM Bachelor's degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience. Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required. Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Fundamental knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Software and Systems engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Fundamental project management skills including baseline control, earned value, and risk management
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to details
- Stress tolerance - maintaining a calm and positive outlook during stressful situations
- Customer Service Orientation - providing customers with quality experiences, establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to multitask effectively on several active projects
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Click on thislink
to read the Policy and Terms