Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done-and we have since 1843.
We are the leader in the power tools industry. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are CRAFTSMAN. We are Stanley FatMax. We are Black+Decker. And we are much more. No matter what tools you are using, around the house, in the yard, or on the job, you can bet that we had a hand in making them work. Position Overview
This position is an integral part of our Electronics & Electrical Systems product development organization. This position supports our Power Tools Group based in Towson, MD, and involves working closely with several other functions such as Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Reliability, and Regulatory. The ideal candidate will be an individual with experience in designing battery management systems and a passion for problem-solving and debugging.Job Description
Job responsibilities may include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Ability to think critically and distinguish between good and questionable results
- Troubleshoot analog circuitry to root cause
- Design and develop power electronic hardware and specifications for BMS's for battery packs in a production environment.
- Provide support in achieving cost, performance, and quality objectives of all related electronic systems, components, and sub-assemblies.
- Translate customer requirements into system specifications.
- Develop hardware verification and validation procedures that include the unit and integration testing.
- Develop solutions for electronic system related issues as a member of a project team.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is maintained for work performed.
- Analyze and reach sound decisions in complex technical situations.
- Embrace cross-functional teamwork.
- BSEE or equivalent (4 years) from accredited computer/electrical engineering college
- 4+ years of experience in research/product development of electronics hardware
- Experience with large format battery packs is required
- Experience in microcontroller firmware a plus (C language)
- Experience directing technician work and mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to accomplish tasks and manage projects with minimal direction - self-starter
- Ability to generate and evaluate creative/innovative ideas and inspire others to do so.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the organization and to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Foster and maintain a high level of integrity in all aspects of work.
- Ability to travel and interface with overseas electronic contract manufacturers and provide technical direction to obtain quality electronics assemblies for battery production.
- Ability to handle 2-3 concurrent projects
- Experience with the following design programs: Altium designer, LTSpice
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. Stanley Black & Decker has been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.