CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day. Department:
AH21BC Engineering, Exempt Function:
Engineering and Engineering Services Job Summary:
Working under the general direction of the Chief Project Engineer, the Senior Project Engineer focuses on engineering, capital planning and project execution at the Port Neal plant. The Senior Project Engineer leads a significant capital portfolio for the plant in addition to collaborating with a cross-functional team to ensure project success. This provides an exciting opportunity to be responsible for all project management activities including project leadership, planning, execution, controls, and business results. This position presents a unique opportunity to manage capital and engineering projects by leveraging cross-functional expertise while meeting safety, operability, and reliability objectives. The Senior Project Engineer plays an integral role in planning and leading reliability and process improvement initiatives. Job Description:
1. Helps provide leadership to the engineering team on-site in the area of project management practices, strategies and procedures.
2. Leads cross-functional teams to ensure overall project success.
3. Identifies, recommends, and implements project management best practices using a stage-gate FEL framework
4. Provides direct supervision of contractors to the engineering team and is responsible for providing coaching, technical guidance and mentorship to functional leads as appropriate.
5. Champions and leads strong safety process throughout every phase of the project ensuring all projects are planned and executed in compliance with laws and regulations
6. Leads the execution of multiple projects with low to moderate complexity or one or two projects with high complexity.
7. Uses project management framework to achieve technical project objectives delivered safely, on time, and on budget with realized operability and reliability results.
8. Regularly measures and monitors project progress to identify variances from the plan and works to make needed corrections
9. Provides sponsor and stakeholders with a routine status of projects, actively communicating technical issues and risks, and ensuring that leadership alignment is a priority.
10. Ensures that projects meet the operability requirements laid out in the project objectives by the business.
11. Accountable for achieving strategic and tactical metrics from internal and external benchmarking, which may include safety, operability index, cost index and schedule indexes.
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited institution preferred with 9+ years of experience desired. Other engineering degrees from ABET accredited institutions with comparable field experience will be considered.
- Experience in project engineering or management position and familiarity with capital project and plant responsibilities; construction focus desired.
- Knowledge of state, local and U.S. Government regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, and presentation) with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Requires a sound performance record of leading or working within strong teams, establishing collaborative relationships with internal/external customers and demonstrating effective communication techniques.
- Keen sense of prioritization (sees what needs to be done, assesses degree of urgency and importance, and translates vision in to results); requires demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment with minimal supervision and technical guidance.
- Positive attitude and problem-solving mentality with demonstrated continuous improvement proficiency
- Extensive knowledge and application of concepts, engineering, and ability to assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tests, processes, etc.
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (Production, QA, Warehouse, Maintenance, contractors, suppliers, and inspectors) including the ability to influence peers and cross functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations effectively at key internal meetings.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to
- Identify useful connections in data or situations
- Set stretch goals for performance improvement
- Recognize and act on emerging problems
- Identify mutually beneficial solutions
- Strong computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of AutoCad preferred.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please callor contact us at . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK