CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day. Department:
AH24D Engineering, Exempt Function:
Engineering and Engineering Services Job Summary:
This position is accountable for project engineering management on in-house projects, troubleshooting potential mechanical problems and recommending mechanical improvements to increase and maximize plant efficiency. As a Senior Project Engineer, the incumbent will lead all elements of project execution for projects with budgets up to $50,000,000. Job Description:
- Actively supports and participates in all Environment, Health and Safety initiatives and activities including Management of Change (MOC).
- Engineer and prepare mechanical equipment specifications relative to plant modifications and repairs.
- Lead and perform project management responsibilities on in-house engineering projects including design, procurement, scheduling, and technical and field execution of project plans.
- Inspect fabricated equipment at the vendor's location relative to pre-determined specifications and monitor said vendors progress to ensure compliance with schedule.
- Monitor Engineering and Construction contractors to ensure that all plant replacements, modifications and additions are performed in strict conformity with design specifications and applicable code requirements.
- Maintain satisfactory communications and relations with contractors and governmental agencies related to projects.
- Assist in the area of contract negotiations relative to project work.
- Actively participate in the Turnaround planning and execution process.
- Prepare reports and maintain necessary departmental files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in basic computer software such as Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook and Power Point.
- Specific knowledge and ten plus years' experience relative to product process and design, plant operations and governmental engineering codes and regulations relative to the petrochemical industry. Demonstrated skills in engineering project management including contract negotiations and ability to communicate and coordinate activities affectively.
- Experienced in project management and implementation. Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset but not essential.
- Professional Engineer designation is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to work overtime including nights or weekends will be required sporadically (ie. Turnarounds, project execution)
- Strong communication skills including the ability to compose written documents, and interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Must be able to acquire Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC). The ability to prove drug and alcohol free at random or for cause.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call or contact us at . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK