The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical adviser to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
Within the National Systems Group, the Systems Engineering & Launch Division (SELD) is seeking a motivated Radar Enterprise Senior Project Leader to support the customer's System Engineering Directorate, Office of Chief Engineer, Radar Enterprise Systems Engineer providing end-to-end systems engineering and enterprise integration of the customer's space and ground programs. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Support the SED Radar Enterprise Systems Engineer (ESE) - the Radar ESE is responsible for leading enterprise integration, end-to-end closure, and mission success for customer mission systems.
- Act as an integration leader with daily interaction with customer leaders, contributing to mission success through focused technical teams of Government, Aerospace (including Aerospace Engineering Matrix Organization), and SETA personnel.
- Focus on direct systems engineering leadership to the Radar ESE in key functional areas,
- including enterprise integration of emerging systems acquisitions,
- identification and mitigation of system/enterprise/joint risks,
- development and execution of system verification, validation, and test,
- assessment of system performance.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline.
- Minimum 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience,
- Experience in multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments.
- Relevant Radar technical and programmatic domain experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior customer leadership and successfully function within mixed teams comprised of senior government, FFRDC, and CAAS/SETA personnel.
- Willing to support occasional domestic travel and flex work schedules to accommodate deadlines.
- This position requires a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- An advanced degree in an appropriate technical discipline.
- Demonstrated proficiency with acquisition and systems engineering processes, including support to readiness reviews and sustainment activities.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering concepts, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering Matrix Organization capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing Aerospace Engineering Matrix Organization support.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement