We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
The Senior Project Manager will manage multiple complex projects for Finance IT.
- Facilitates the advancement of multiple parallel work streams while delivering Finance IT projects requiring cross functional IT/business resources.
- Leads multiple large, complex projects with accelerated timelines within IT using agile/iterative methodologies.
- Manages deliverables to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Manages project resource demand and allocations in accordance to defined EPMO metrics.
- Manages the planning and delivery of projects through a gated process, from initiation through delivery and project close, meeting scope, costs, and schedules as approved per project plan.
- Mediates conflicting priorities and delays between dependent work streams.
- Partners with Agile project teams to define deliverables and plan sprint milestones.
- Delivers projects within defined fundamental project metrics (scope, time(schedule), and costs).
- Demonstrates ability to deliver projects effectively with limited oversight.
- Develops attainable project plans with key milestones.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6+ years of progressive responsibility & success within Project Management.
- Experience with data transformation/conversion projects and/or financial system projects strongly preferred.
- Previous insurance or financial services experience preferred.
- Skilled with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Project Management and SDLC processes.
- Experience in Agile methodology required.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira application preferred.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.