Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager J1121-2659
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic technical project manager (PM) to join our growing team. The ideal project manager will have health insurance & health-care experience. The project manager's major responsibilities are to lead and manage project teams for our client. PMs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Your future duties and responsibilities:
*Required traditional project management with PMP preferred.
*Lead and manage project teams consisting of SME's, Architects and Technical resources
• Work with management to ensure that appropriate resources have been assigned to the project
• Review project guidelines with the team
• Ensure clarity of roles by defining each team member's deliverable for the project
• Create and track a project plan and task break down
Required familiarity with MS Project
• Establish and track project milestones and deliverables between functional groups
• Work with project team to pro-actively identify and manage risks/issues and decisions during the life of the project
• Work with stakeholders and functional managers to manage the scope, timeline and quality of the deliverables
*Ideally the candidate will be SAFe certified and engaged in several Agile programs based on SAFe is nice to have.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or a related field or equivalent work experience and 7+ years of IT project management experience
• Oversee that a technical functional group's process and procedures are followed
• Understanding of software development life-cycle processes with an ability to effectively communicate between business and technical stakeholders
• Creating implementation plans and leading the Project team to track the deliverables / tasks from initiation to closure
• Near shore and off-shore team management
• Escalate to the appropriate manager if project guidelines are not being met
• Conduct weekly or daily project meetings and produce a weekly status report
• PMP Certification
Minimum Education Requirement:
Bachelor's Degree, or a related field or equivalent work experience and 7+ years of IT project management experience
#LI-KP3Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills