Senior Project ManagerJob Description:Senior Project Manager, Digital SafeWho we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. That's high tech without the drama. www.microfocus.com About the Role:
The customer-facing Senior Project Manager represents Micro Focus in project deliveries to customers of the Information Management & Governance product line specifically Digital Safe. The role encompasses both internal, cross-functional coordination and external, customer-facing communication and client management. The Senior Project Manager manages a cross-functional delivery team in developing and deploying project-based services to customers. This customer-facing role includes communicating project status, managing tasks and activities that require customer participation, and responding to customer escalations. This role bridges different time zones and a geographically-dispersed, international team. Click here for details on the Digital Safe portfolio. https://www.microfocus.com/en-products/digital-safe-cloud-archiving/overview The Senior Project Manager is responsible for:
Responsible for the quality, magnitude, and effectiveness of contract relationships between the company and the customer. In concert with the company sales teams & delivery teams, cooperates in building effective business relationships between the company & the customer. The Client Manager leads the project team to meet the customer's requirements for quality, speed and cost while meeting the company internal metrics in terms of financials and customer satisfaction. Serves as the contract's principal representative to the customer, making business decisions and contractual commitments on behalf of the company. Responsible for revenue, profit, and increasing the business volume by increasing depth and breadth of the company's offerings.
Education and Experience Required:
- Plans and manages the delivery of projects throughout the project's lifecycle (from business development through contract closure) for a portfolio of projects, not to exceed 6.
- Manages teams composed of engineers and technical subject matter experts.
- Conducts weekly project meetings with both internal team and customer.
- Builds project schedule and drives internal and external teams to achieve on-time delivery.
- Reports on the status of projects to stakeholders.
- Leads team in technical problem-solving and resolving obstacles to project progress.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the project - in terms of Revenue, Margin, payment milestones, revenue forecast, and change management.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction with respect to project delivery.
- Generates additional revenue thru "product pull thru" after an MS outsourcing.
- Develops strategies and processes with the project management office in areas such as performance metrics, escalations, change management, and communication.
- Maintains effective communication with all functional areas of the project team, as well as with the account team, sales and commercial operations, finance, and senior management.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 to 8 years of customer-facing project management, with at least 5 to 7 years experience with enterprise level software deployments, user acceptance testing, and onboarding (new and existing customers) of multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, and an understanding of general business management principles and practices, financial management, and multinational program management
- Demonstrated mastery to state-of-the-art technical, functional or business knowledge; emphasis is on depth of knowledge in a specialized area.
- Effective communication skill is most critical ingredient of success in project management.
- Experience in cross-functional integration in high tech, enterprise software, or messaging business.
- A track record of managing multiple concurrent projects to one or more customers.
- Experience in large revenue deals to include combination of multi-country/ business unit/product line.
- Proven track record in estimating project costs, writing statements of work, and managing financial performance of projects.
- Experience in developing customer relationships based on integrity and good interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Proven track record in leading virtual teams, influencing outcomes in a matrix organization, working across organizational boundaries, dealing with ambiguity and establishing internal relationships.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
ServicesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status