FEI is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
FEI Systems is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Proposal Manager for bid and proposal efforts. The Senior Proposal Manager will manage, develop, write, and edit proposals in response to requirements derived from formal solicitation opportunities and work with all departments to gather information required for responses. The Senior Proposal Manager will have a key role in FEI's business development for Federal and State contract procurement efforts. Proposal/response documents should position FEI to win new business in the State and Federal government Information Technology (IT) market.
The selected candidate will author compelling and professional proposals complete with win themes, consistent voice and tone, and fully compliant against government requirements. Candidate will be responsible for developing new content as well as revising and updating existing proposal/marketing materials. Candidate must work well independently, manage time and workload to meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Thoroughly review procurement documents such as: Requests for Proposal (RFP), Market Survey, Request for Information (RFI) requirements and map to FEI Systems experience and abilities.
* Works with General/Division Managers to develop and maintain a library of persuasive and targeted RFP responses that can be used to support future proposals and establish qualifications and value proposition.
* Manage the Proposal development process.
* Collaborate with team members on differentiators
* Develop and incorporate win themes and strategies into proposal documents
* Create/design visually appealing and compelling graphics
* Keeps past performance information up-to-date
* Works with Business Development Executives, Vice Presidents and General Managers to assist in the bid/no-bid decision.
* Performs requirements analysis for complex, enterprise IT solution proposals.
* Serves as the proposal project manager throughout the lifecycle of the proposal.
* Develops proposal outline, storyboards, compliance matrix and proposed timeline for response.
* Writes/reviews/edits proposals for completeness, adherence to solicitation requirements and conformance to editorial standards.
* Assists during final delivery checkout.
* Coordinates the submission of the proposal, both electronic and hard copy, as required.
* Performs post mortem of all proposals for lessons learned.
* Develop/introduce improvements to the proposal response process.
* Leverages credential information/past experience to assist in the production of marketing materials.
* Assists with special projects, as assigned.
* 8-10 years' experience working in a deadline-oriented proposal or marketing environment in the IT healthcare space
* 5 years' experience writing/managing proposals for Federal and State IT consulting companies; solid understanding of federal acquisition process, FAR, RFI and RFP, source selection, evaluation criteria, compliance matrices, and standard terms and conditions
* Bachelor's degree (Technical discipline preferred), Master's degree preferred
* Exceptional writing skills and advanced knowledge of relevant software
* Understanding of IT, including cybersecurity, systems engineering, IT service management and enterprise resource planning.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work across the organization, gathering information from multiple sources and coalescing the team to produce an optimal response.
* Excellent writing skills, strong ability to present information clearly and persuasively.
* Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects, working overtime as needed while maintaining a positive attitude.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Columbia / Full time salaried position with full benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI Systems' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.