Everyday at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on ournation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set ofcapabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stopsolving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts,developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to createinnovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to gofurther. At Perspecta we look ahead tothe changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve ourcustomers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence,civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employeesare rewarded in many ways-through not only competitive salaries and benefitspackages, but also the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and onprojects that matter.
Perspecta' s talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready towelcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspectahas an immediate opening for a Sr. ProposalManager located in Herndon, VA.
The Senior Proposal Manager is responsible for leading and managing the developmentof proposals in response to U.S. government RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs. Following theorganizations proposal processes, the Sr. Proposal Manager will manage theentire proposal development lifecycle which includes developing the proposalschedule, compliance matrix, and outline; leading the development of thecontent strategy, managing the writing and color team reviews; and coordinatingproduction for final submission. In thisposition you will need to identify and manage volume leads, technical writers,graphics, production, and other proposal development team members. The Sr. Proposal manager is responsible forensuring the proposal is high quality, compelling, meets all RFP requirements,and is submitted on time.
- Reviewand analyze draft and final RFPs and related documents to understand customerrequirements
- Followingthe proposal development process, develop compliance matrix, annotated outline,detailed proposal schedule, writing assignments, kick-off material, data callsand other required proposal artifacts
- Managethe content strategy to include design, development, and all color reviews
- Coordinatesproposal team resources and interdependencies between multi-disciplinary teamsto develop a high-quality solution and proposal, that meets client objectivesand showcases Perspecta capabilities
- Coordinate/recommendthe use of outside proposal resources ensuring most effective and efficientsupport
- Engagesand works with Solution and Deal Analyst/Pricing teams to establishTCO/business case analysis
- ManageSharePoint access and document control
- Act asleader, coach, and mentor to proposal team members
- Ensurehigh-quality content and appearance of the final proposal product
- Ensure on-timedelivery of the proposal including contingency planning
- Work closelywith business groups, business development executives, capture leaders, andpricing leads to ensure the alignment of technical, management, and cost andprice strategies, win strategies, key messages, and differentiators
- Maintaincurrent understanding of company service offerings, experience, andcapabilities
- 8 yearsmanaging the full life cycle of complex proposals consisting of multiplevolumes, sample task orders, and complex cost requirements
- Abilityto lead proposal volumes which include staffing plans, past performance, andresumes
- Experienceleading and coordinating teams from cross functional organizations,subcontractors, and consultants
- Experiencewriting and editing content to ensure a high scoring compliant proposal
- Demonstratedexperience using established industry methodologies such as Shipley
- Effectivetime management in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Abilityto meet tight deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Abilityto manage risk, deliverables, and follow up on critical items
- Generalknowledge of Federal Government contract types (IDIQ, FFP, T&M, CPFF), andtechnical proposals for Defense, Civilian, and Federal Healthcare
- Understandingof Federal government procurement policies and practices
- Stronginterpersonal and communication (written and oral) skill with the ability topresent information to all levels of the internal organization and to externalteam members
- Solidperformance in organizing and motivating small and large diverse teams to cometogether as one.
- Proficiencywith Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint is required.
- Bachelor'sdegree in relevant field of study
- Formalproposal management training and APMP certification desired