Description Job Requisition:
Senior Proposal Writer Job Description: Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Proposal Writer located in either Reston, VA or Rockville, MD.
The job of the Senior Proposal Writer is to interpret customer requirements and work with SME's to write clear, concise, and compliant responses to RFP requirements. Proposal writing assignments may include white papers, proposal content such as management plans, technical content and solutions, past performance and corporate experience, staffing plans, resumes, oral/video proposal presentations, and marketing material for on-contract growth or new business pursuits. This candidate would join a fast-paced and highly talented team that is focused on winning new business for the company. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solutions architects, subject matter experts, and executive leadership to capture key concepts and ideas while maintaining consistency in messaging and strategy through the use of proper tone/voice.
- This individual will be responsible for the successful execution of the Leidos Capture Process (Win Plan) and compliant delivery of capture related products that include proposals, ECPs, ENs, FPR's, etc.
- Assignments will include, but are not limited to, the development of Management Volumes, Technical Volumes, Past Performance Volumes, Corporate Experience Volumes, Executive Summaries, Staffing Plans, Resumes, Oral Proposal Presentations, and Video Proposal Presentations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Expert Level Technical/Proposal writer with Business Development and Competitive Proposal experience.
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
- The successful candidate will be able to join new projects quickly and work effectively with a diverse and dispersed group of people.
- Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to support proposal efforts, primarily in the Washington DC metro, as needed.
- Must have an active TS clearance and be able to obtain SCI
- Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Processes.
- Knowledge of Leidos Win Plan.
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.