The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst upholds and continually improves Questar-s Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards and processes. This position validates developed applications and systems in support of business operations as we develop and deliver Questar's K-12 educational assessment products. The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst ensures QA and QC project activities and deliverables are completed on-time and on-budget.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst upholds the company core value to embed quality and integrity into every internal and external effort and company-s other core values, as well as its Mission and Vision.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
* Collaborate with the Business Analyst and project team members to review and clarify project scope and requirements
* Define a test approach/strategy for the application or customer deliverables
* Author the Test Suite - test scenarios and test cases traceable to requirements in order to validate the application or customer deliverables
* Coordinate test case reviews with the Program Manager, Business Analyst and Developer
* Prepare test data for both manual and automated test cases
* Test execution of business applications, online applications, document processing capability, and reporting deliverables
* Validate data and reports using SQL and other tools
* Secure SQL code in Source Control
* Report QA metrics and testing status to the Business Analyst
* Identify, document and track issues found during testing
* Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve issues
* Escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables to the Business Analyst
* Assist in deployment verification of applications or customer deliverables
* Actively participate and be the QA advocate in weekly project team meetings
* Update status of assigned project tasks and time reporting duties
* Participate and occasionally lead discussions in team meetings
* Work closely with QA Manager or QA Director on prioritization of tasks
* Training and mentoring of other QA Analysts in QA standards, applications, and business processes
* Lead and supervise QA team members in a project
* Contribute to performance management tasks for QA team members
* Ensure quality and on-time delivery in all assigned work
* Bachelor-s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or technical area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* At least 5 years of QA and Testing work experience
* Expertise and applied knowledge of Quality Assurance and Testing best practices
* Thorough understanding and working knowledge of different types of testing
* Expertise in reconciling testing requirements with business requirements
* Experience with Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and other software development methodologies
* Expertise in Database concepts and testing using SQL with Microsoft SQL Server or other database platforms
* Knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft SSIS.
* Knowledge and hands-on experience in test automation and tools (Microsoft VSTS, Selenium, Eggplant, HP, IBM, etc)
* Concise and effective written and verbal skills to communicate with other professionals, including Business Analysts, Developers, and other project stakeholders
* A positive and flexible individual with a successful history of working in a fast-paced, client-focused, and dynamic environment
* Passion for quality and great attention to detail
* Professional Certification such as CAST, CSTE, CMST, etc
* Knowledge and hands-on experience in establishing test automation frameworks
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.