Charles Schwab & Co. is adding a Senior QA Engineer to the TD Ameritrade thinkorswim Engineering team. The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure adequate testing of development code prior to release to production on an industry-leading Active Trader platform (thinkorswim), which drives a significant revenue for TD Ameritrade and Schwab & Co.
An important responsibility of the Senior QA Engineer is to build technical expertise in our applications, in order to support and mentor developers and other QA. Therefore the ability to build technical relationships with Application Development staff is a strong requirement for this position. There will also be opportunities for the Senior QA engineer to be work on automation and process efficiency.
Artifacts produced (test plans, test cases, etc.) must be of high quality as they will be used for auditing and other QA engineers.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good atPlanning
- Lead the creation of test plans - including technical and business requirements and tool selection
- Identify risks and prepare mitigation plans
- Assist QA and Release Specialist in preparing implementation timelines
- Develop Test Data Strategy
- Assist QA Specialist in determining appropriate test environments
- Work with business analysts to ensure business requirements are adequate
- Create test cases according to standards - manual and automated
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
- Update Quality Center according to standard
- Engage Application Development in defect resolution
- Complete defect tracking and follow through to ensure completion
- Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
- Support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
- Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
- Become technically competent in the technologies used by Application Development organizations
- Evaluate and recommend process or technical changes to partner organizations
What you have
- Offer technical guidance to QA Engineers
- Play leadership role during test plan and test case reviews, providing direct feedback to Quality Engineers and offshore testing team members
- Use positive influence to engage EPM and business partners
- Provide guidance around automation strategies, working with the QA Specialist and Application Development
Why work for us?
- 5+ years of software testing experience preferred
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrates solid understanding of product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Must have minimum 3+ years' experience in Windows, LINUX, UNIX, JAVA, Web Services, SQL Server
- Should be familiar with C++, InterSystems CACHE, Oracle, HTML, XML
- Must have minimum 3+ years' experience in Automation tools - UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI
- Solid understanding of test repository or defect tracking systems
- Knowledge of financial markets/operations background
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
- Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently
- Sense of urgency and commitment to providing the best support possible to both internal and external clients
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization well as solid facilitation skills
- Ability to act as SME role for various projects and initiatives
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner with c lient first approach
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.