Make a difference
Ciber Global wants you. Come build new things with us and advance your career. At Ciber Global you'll collaborate with experts. You'll join successful teams contributing to our clients' success. You'll work side by side with our clients and have long-term opportunities to advance your career with the latest emerging technologies.
Job Description Summary:?
The Senior UAT Quality Analyst owns the task of assessing and validating the testing scope with a test team determined by scope and scale. This person leads the creation and maintenance of the test plan, and test suite of tests for Regression, E2E, UAT, BVT, and Automation scenarios for web and mobile applications with a focus on business flows on multiple work streams in Agile, Waterfall, and other methodologies.
Enterprise Core Competencies:
Core competency in the software testing life cycle, including but not limited to creation of test plans, test case designing and defect tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Quality Center. Must possess solid customer facing skills and be adept and working with stakeholders to elicit, gather, understand, and document. Soft skills are as critical to this role as technical skills.
- The Senior Quality Analyst is responsible for leading the UAT testing efforts for their product feature and/or project to ensure the overall quality of the given scope of the application and be part of the work-flow from intake till release to production and disposition of any defects associated with the release.
- Works with intake team to provide Rough Order of Magnitude, (ROM) effort level at beginning of work, and Level of Effort, (LOE), when scope and scale details are available for consumption of project management and budget control stakeholders.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to define entry and exit criteria.
- Responsible for ensuring all the business requirements affecting the work stream and reviewing them with the team and stakeholders, for any gaps, testing feasibility, and test data needs.
- Acts as a POC for activities related to testing of the team s workload and works closely with business owners, stakeholders, business analysts, and dev team.
- Oversees the creation of the test plan to cover all needed testing types with clear specification of in scope and out of scope items.
- Defines all deliverables per the client Quality Management process and tracks against the milestones.
- Manage the test input into grooming/requirement analysis sessions and understand all requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Oversee and lead the creation of all testing scenarios from epics, user stories and BRD s.
- Work with Data Team to obtain and configure data needs.
- Execute SME level oversight to the design of user acceptance test cases to validate the application changes with a customer focus.
- Lead the validation of the application against UAT scripts.
- Oversee and log defects and track them for resolution within and outside sprint teams.
- Identify defects through a thorough understanding of the functionality of the systems and how the data flows and before logging the defect perform initial debugging to identify where the failure is happening (example- review the Splunk log, identify what is failing data, API etc.).
- Identify and contribute test scenarios to regression test suite.
- Lead and participate in Black Box, Functional, and Regression, End to End testing for web application on desktop and mobile.
- Lead validation of mobile apps on various makes, models, and O/S based on business needs and provide recommendations for upgrades.
- Effectively communicate the daily status risks/ issues/dependencies, track progress and manage issue workflow to resolution.
- Provide test summary report upon completion of product release.
- Manage escalations to manager / senior manager which are impacting the release/product launch.
- A results-oriented, I ve got this attitude.
- Demonstrated success a quality analyst/business analyst or similar role.
- Ability to present to senior leadership.
- Experience and ability to mentor team members and promote success within the team.
- Customer Advocate experience and mindset.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Experience in telecommunications industry preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage own and others time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, and create deliverables with some direction.
- Hands-on experience developing regression and unit test plans, managing issues/defects, and test execution of web applications.
- Experience with cross-browser system testing.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Mobile browser and native apps experience are a plus.
- Must have the desire for delivering excellence in product quality and reliability.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication, project, and time management skills a must.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with verbal and written documentation and communication.
- Demonstrates extreme ownership best practices to drive forward with quality and efficiency and owns their own project / features.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of the systems functionality to create test cases with a wide amount of coverage, thinking outside of the box to obtain maximum coverage.
- Possess basic scripting ability with the desire to learn and grow scripting, automation, and coding skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and occasionally on weekends.
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement in process and standards for the entire team.
- Experience of using Selenium, Jenkins, JIRA, Quality Center, Rally or Confluence.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).?
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or business-related discipline or equivalent work experience.
At Ciber Global our consultants have access to a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits can include Paid-Time-Off, Paid Holidays, 401K matching, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, and a variety of other perks.
Find a purpose
Help clients embrace emerging technologies. Create inventive solutions and meet intriguing client challenges. Solve, fix, design and innovate. Be a part of something bigger by helping clients go digital, create engaging customer experiences and transform their business.
Our success as a company is built on practicing inclusion and embracing diversity. Ciber is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all employees are treated with respect and dignity. Together we work to create and maintain an environment where everyone feels valued, included, and respected. At Ciber, our differences are embraced and celebrated. Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Ciber is proud to be recognized as a National Minority Supplier.
National MBE Certification has been issued to Ciber Global, LLC by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council.
Founded in 1974, Ciber partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Ciber Global is a consulting, outsourcing and business solutions integration provider and partner with offices across the United States and India.
Ciber's strength is enhanced by its parent company, HTC Global, a growing technology innovation and execution leader with 11,000 employees worldwide. HTC Global helps its clients reimagine technology to reach business goals.