Senior QA Engineer
Job DescriptionSenior QA Engineer - CoStar Group
CoStar Group's Business for Sale marketplaces' technology platform is being modernized from ground-up (Angular, API, Microservices, and BigData). To help with that effort, we are looking for a Senior QA Engineer in our San Francisco office. If you are looking for a unique and critical role where you make a difference by creating, owning, and delivering quality products to our customers, this position is for you.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with hands-on experience in testing with attention to details. You will own and be responsible for deeply understanding what drives the business for which you are helping with the testing to ensure the products we release are defect free. We are looking for someone with solid analytical skills, demonstrates curiousness, and willingness to learn. You should have an enthusiasm for taking ownership with a strong commitment to quality. Duties and Responsibilities
Required Experience / Skills
- Hands-on planning and execution of manual and automated QA tasks for Agile sprints.
- Track test execution and report on deliverables.
- Quickly learn and become an expert in our products across full technical stack and apply this knowledge to ensuring code quality.
- Reviews and validates requirements and technical specifications.
- Develops and executes test plans and detailed test cases based on requirements and/or customer conversations.
- Work closely with development, product, and customer support, to continuously improve QA process based on evolution of the product, and customer feedback.
- Act as a quality advocate for Business for Sale line of products across entire organization.
- Develop high-quality test engineering principles, test strategies, and best practices.
Preferred Experience / Skills
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 6+ years of Software Testing Experience.
- Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development and test methodologies including Front End, Back End, Unit, Performance, and Integration testing.
- Strong knowledge and experience with QA fundamentals (test cycles, test cases, test documentation, bug filing, bug tracking tools, etc.)
- Solid understanding and experience with CI/CD pipelines and test automation role in them.
- Collaboration skills, system thinking, and the ability to clearly explain complex concepts.
- Solid programming skills and experience with Test Automation Frameworks, concepts, and best practices.
- SQL - Practical knowledge and experience.
More about the Business-for-Sale division of CoStar Group
- Experience with Selenium, Jenkins, Selenoid, Selenoid Hub (GGR), C# or Java.
- Test Automation framework development background.
- API testing and automation background.
- Mobile Testing and automation background.
- Performance testing and automation background.
The Business-for-Sale division of CoStar includes the leading internet listing service (ILS) marketplaces in the small business sector. BizBuySell.com, LoopNet.com, and BizQuest.com (#1 and #2, respectively, in their industry) - serve entrepreneurs, small business owners, business brokers and franchisors in the exciting business-for-sale market where owners realize the value of what they've built and entrepreneurs find the right business to fulfill their professional dreams.
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - CSGP) - is commercial real estate's leading provider of information, marketing and analytic services. For more information, visit www.costar.com .
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing