Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U.S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service
Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Are you experienced in the industry of data-driven agile software development? Are you passionate about quality and continuous improvement? Are you curious, driven, methodical and innovative? Are you interested in contributing to products and solutions that connect people and things to make lives simpler, smarter or enjoyable? Are you a quick learner that is not afraid to fail? Are you looking to work with some of the best in the business using the latest and greatest technologies? If so, we are looking for Quality Assurance professionals to work in American Fork, UT, bring our software to the next level and advance the #1 Live OTT Streaming service in America. Come be a part of changing the face of TV!What You Will Do
What You Need for this Position
- Work with the Advanced Advertising team in disrupting how traditional advertising is done with live TV and create new capabilities and value for advertisers and viewers.
- Work within a scaled agile development framework to deliver high-quality software
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex OTT quality problems
- Drive continual process and product improvements through data-driven decisions to increase quality and delivery cadence
- Represent and defend the customer experience on our software applications
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and drive implementation of solutions to resolve customer facing and business impacting issues
- Learn, evaluate and implement new technologies to further our quality and delivery capabilities
- Train and mentor peers on best practices and technologiesAnalyze business requirements and work with manual testers to determine appropriate level and tools at which to automate requirements validation
- Automate functional test cases at service and UI layers for integration and end-to-end testing
- Review automation results, analyze failures, improve testing and reporting, and file bugs
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years focusing on built-in quality within a software development environment
- 2+ years writing test plans, executing test cases and reporting test results
- 2+ years automating functional test cases
- Strong understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Experience with one of the following technology stacks
- Java/Kotlin, Espresso
- Python, C++, Google Mocks
- Python, JS, npm
- Python, XML
- Java, Selenium, JS
- Experience with network proxy tools like Wireshark or Charles
- Experience using bug and test management software like JIRA and Zephyr
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose and fully define problems
- Demonstrated ability to think critically; gather, evaluate and use data; and then develop and drive implementation of relevant solutions
- Aptitude for independent, hands-on and experimental learning
- Experience in OTT space is preferred
Compensation: $99,360.00/Yr. - $157,665.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.