Software Quality Assurance Analyst - QA Job Description:
This position is for our Denver Tech-Center based company who is looking for a QA Engineer to partner with the core dev team and other leaders to provide customer facing portals in a unique niche of the financial services industry. As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on both greenfield and existing applications using emerging and industry leading technologies.
The QA Engineer role will execute quality assurance standards and measures for our client s product development team. This individual will gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing.
This role will have an influential voice in shaping their company s development and QA roadmap going forward. Paired with these challenges, this role also provides the opportunity to exercise deep and diverse thinking, question assumptions, pay close attention to the design and delivery of products, and help the business make successful technology investments to ensure their future growth and stability. Responsibilities
Knowledge & Experience
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to software engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- At least 4 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- At least 2 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required, Mongo & Sybase a plus), automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative agile environment.
Unison Systems Inc. is a full-service IT consulting firm offering staffing, consulting, direct hire recruiting and solutions delivery services. We focus primarily on Software Engineering, Data Management, Project/Program Management, and Infrastructure & Support.
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None