Seeking a Sr. QA Test Engineer with experience for a client of ours in Milwaukee, WI. If you are interested, please send your resume to John at This is a long term opportunity.
This Senior Test Data Engineer (QA) will collaborate with a team of engineers and product managers to develop test plans, collect data to make well informed decisions for data integration team. In this role, the candidate is expected to work independently with little supervision, to have excellent organization and problem-solving skills, and to have hands-on experience in data testing and analysis, quality assurance and agile methodologies.
Skill sets desired:
• Lead/own QA effort for applications/projects, certifying and signing off code releases
• Liaise with the business/developers/BAs at concept stage to determine testing strategy and coverage
• Actively implement Test Automation where possible and ensure that it is up to a certain standard
• Develop an automation roadmap and help initiate the right framework and maintain the existing automation suite
• Review the code, designs and testing for peers
• Develop, modify, and execute automated scripts and programs for testing, primarily focused on Automated functional and regression testing
• Design and execute test scripts, analyze output and record results
• Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
• Debug software applications using systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for applications.
• Identify defects/anomalies and investigate their cause; document and track these defects.
• Understand, maintain and improve the existing test process
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
• Experience in testing ETL, ELT or similar process
• Experience in SQLs, ETLs and databases to understand data integration designs and validate testing of data flows. Capable of understanding, writing and tuning complex SQL statements
• Familiarity with test engineering any tools such as JUnit, Selenium Webdriver, Enterprise Test automation framework, Unix Shell scripting, JIRA, GIT, and SQL
• Experience with one or more framework tool such as Robot Framework, Cucumber, BDD, TestNG framework
• Knowledge of CI/CD tools to integrate the Automation scripts
• Possess experience in Test Planning, execution, tracking tool
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment methodologies
This role will need to be located in Milwaukee once our campuses reopen, this will not be a remote position. Also, this role has potential to be contract to direct.
Please provide a description of how this role fits into the organization and your team
Need a Senior test data engineer role to help the team to coordinate the testing work between here and offshore
What are the must haves for this role?
• 6+ years of experience
• Fast learner and self-starter. Need person with a can-do attitude and desire to learn new things
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to multiple levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the enterprise
• Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with limited set of requirements
• Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
• Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
• Creativity to come up with new ideas and patterns
• Capable of mentoring other team members
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives
What are the nice to haves for this role?
• Data Modeling experience
• Experience reading and writing code in any language
• Experience in technologies such as, Informatica, Linux/Unix, Kafka, Kubernetes and Kubernetes ecosystem
What will be the work schedule?
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or