Senior QA Test Engineer
Location: Reston, Virginia
Security Clearance: DoD Secret Clearance REQUIRED !
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Sr. QA Test Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will sunset a legacy application, gain an understanding of the functional and operational environment, and serve as the development team point person on modernized system requirements and testing.
We're looking to place a key member on a small development team who will not only be responsible for performing software testing on a legacy application as it is retired but will establish best of breed testing for the modernized system that replaces it.
The ideal candidate will be capable of working directly and collaboratively with the client on new system requirements, use cases, development of test scenarios and scripts and modify and execute test cases and test scripts to support manual testing of remaining maintenance releases on legacy application.
Collaborate with product manager/owners and development team during all phases of the project to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
Support client user acceptance testing (UAT), client demonstrations, and walk-throughs.
Design, document and execute test plans, test scenarios / scripts and test cases for manual, automated and bug tracking tools.
Perform functional and non-functional testing on new system / application.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilitie
* Proficient in different test types of both functional and non-functional testing to include system testing, integration testing, stress testing, performance testing, usability testing, acceptance testing and regression testing.
* Understanding of various software development and test methodologies including Traditional/Waterfall, Agile, V-Model, Scrum,
* Extensive understanding of SRS (Software Requirement Specifications) and Application Use Cases.
* Expertise in maintaining requirement traceability matrix (RTM).
* Experience with automation test frameworks.
* Self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
* Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
* Strong organizational skills
* Knowledge of US Military messaging (legacy AUTODIN) experience a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working with JIRA a plus.
* Experience developing SQL queries a plus.
* Understanding of DevOps a plus
Qualifications Position Requirements:
* U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
* DOD Clearance
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience specific to software testing.
* Typically someone that is a recognized senior tester or certified tester, that can not only execute testing, but can establish and design test methods.
Company Information Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.