Piper Companies has partnered with a leading player in the Global Trade/Customs industry for a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Sr. QlikView Developer to participate in large scale business and technology projects driven by regulatory change.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years working with the tool, but testable/measurable expertise will be considered should candidates have less than five years of practical, professional experience. Our software development-oriented client in Herndon, VA is a global firm with many, varied BI and reporting needs across many lines of business (both Federal and Commercial clientele). As the company continues to embed BI and reporting capabilities into each business unit, skilled report generation to gain advanced insights is critical. The infrastructure and design are largely in place, and our client has a good grasp as to what should be measured. We're looking for a consultant who can build upon that infrastructure and build out more dashboard views and items. Qualifications of the Senior QlikView Developer include:
Responsibilities of the Senior QlikView Developer include:
- We are looking for candidates who are experts in all aspects of Qlik development -including Best Practices, data modeling, Dashboard design, overall UI/UX design, and Nprinting.
- Over 4 years of dedicated Qlikview development experience including data modeling, Dashboard design, overall UI/UX design and Nprinting
- Experience building and deploying dashboards, Ingesting and transforming Data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. (likely to communicate with business and other stakeholders)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills: attention to detail; Talent for presenting complex issues in a concise and understandable format
- Good understanding of data sources
- Good understanding of trading, risk, Ops, finance and related Reporting experience
- Experience with Financial data. Nice to have: Derivatives, trading, risk experience.
- Experience optimizing dashboard performance a major plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
Compensation of the Senior QlikView Developer include:
- Gather & Analyze business requirements.
- Extract, Transform and Load data from a different data source.
- Work extensively with the Oracle database and imported SQL scripts into QlikView.
- Implement security using section access that dynamically hides selected areas of the dashboard depending upon user privileges.
- Implement Sheet level security to limit access based on user groups.
- Develop QlikView Dashboards using Drill Down & Cyclic Grouping
- Develop KPI s and set analysis applications.
- Create optimized QVDS which loads faster and helps to improve the performance.
- Work on enhancements and Performance tuning on existing dashboards.
- Lead user meetings and training on Qlikview Dashboard functionalities.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Hourly Rate: $50/hr to $65/hr
- Benefits: Vacation PTO, Holiday PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match