Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The role of the Sr. Test Manager is to lead the Allstate Services test organization across nine varied and different business units that likely consists of several individual teams. At this level, the manager sets the strategic direction for their organization in support of the business objectives of the company, ensuring the structures and processes needed to effectively deliver the mission of their organization are in place. They create a work environment that enables their employees to be their best and deliver on their accountabilities. They are personally accountable for leading organizational change, delivering business results by working across the organization and development of employees. They demonstrate a high level of influence within their own organization, with their business partners, peer leaders and senior leaders. They develop and execute a quality assurance vision that incorporates quality assurance standards, contemporary testing approaches and automation strategies and frameworks. They demonstrate a solid understanding of software product lifecycle and how systems work and interact. They can work in a fast-paced agile delivery environment.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees by creating an environment of safety and innovation within their organization and across peer groups
- Identifies and proactively removes barriers to cooperative effort between teams and departments
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for their organization, peer groups and leaders by setting clear performance objectives in support of business outcomes
- Leads the process of establishing vision, direction and specific objectives for organization
- Collects multiple levels of staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Serves as a role model for personal development, incorporating 360-degree performance feedback. Maintains organizational focus on talent development.
- Identifies and leads change in their organization in alignment with broader organizational change initiatives. Uses personal influence to enlist employees and peers in implementing change.
- Mentor and coach Quality Analyst/Engineers and embedded Quality Analyst/Engineers and delivery teams
General Management & Decision Making
- Develops ideas and team strategy that have long-term, strategic impact on area of responsibility and that align with Enterprise direction. Responsible for initiating work and allocating resources necessary to implement strategy and achieve organizational goals.
- Communicates strategy to the organization so they understand their roles, are motivated to achieve established goals and have line of the sight between their work and Allstate strategies. Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Manages multiple teams with significant, complex assignments. Creates structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action.
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Applies knowledge and efforts to diverse and complex situations, where alternatives are numerous, to drive business solutions on behalf of the organization. Makes decisions that have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities beyond their area of responsibility.
- Fosters innovation. Creates structures and processes that promote an environment of innovation and experimentation for direct reports, peer groups, leaders and the organization.
- Highly proficient in the business of information technology
Business Partner Management
- Influences individual contributors, managers, partners, service providers and peers to successfully deliver on business commitments spanning across multiple organizations.
- Partners with others in their organization to set and manage expectations; continually seeks opportunities to be a thought partner and increase internal business partner satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Negotiates solutions for issues that may be complex or controversial across multiple teams/functional groups.
- Adapts complex communication approaches for audiences at multiple internal and external levels
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience performing various testing types in technology or similar organizations
- 5+ years of experience leading and overseeing quality assurance work
- 5+ years of experience with Test Automation for web-based, SOA, and client server based products
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps and CI/CD delivery methodology, technologies and tools.
- Experience transforming organization from Waterfall to Agile
- Experience transforming organization from quality assurance to quality engineering
- Experience delivering high-quality, cost-effective services to the clients
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience with open source test automation tools in JAVA, i.e., Selenium, Appium and Rest Assured for testing API
- Experience developing automated testing solutions using testing tools and/or frameworks (UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI, TestNG, JMeter) preferred
- Experience with SCM tools like Bitbucket, GitHub
- Experience with Continuous Integrations tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with HP ALM, Jira, Zephyr or other agile tools
- Experience with Test Data Management
- Experience with Quality Metrics and KPI's
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video
.Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here"
for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here"
for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment