Nestl Health Science invests in every employee to make certain each person can reach their greatest potential and works in an environment rooted in respect, diversity and teamwork. We focus on empowering the patients and consumers we serve to live healthier lives through industry leading nutrition and nutrition-enabling solutions by keeping their needs at the center of everything we do. We make quality and innovation our highest priorities when delivering our trusted brands such as BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essential®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, Zenpep®, and many more.
We are a globally recognized leader in the field of nutrition science with our US headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ, and have over 5000 employees around the world. Come join the Nestl Health Science family and experience exciting opportunities!
Is responsible for the implementation and management of all Quality Assurance programs and innovation quality activities in NHS USA contract manufacturing locations and NHS producing sites as appropriate. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to NQMS, FSMS, regulatory requirements, and product quality and food safety. Will utilize tools such as auditing, statistical and process evaluation, trend analysis to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives. Reports to the Head of Quality NHS NAM.
• Implementation of Nestl Quality Management System, Food Safety Management System and Nestl USA procedure requirements at NHS contract manufacturing locations, NHS producing factories and as needed for suppliers.
• Coordinates resolution of Quality Management issues. This includes reporting on KPIs, corrective action plans, technical summaries, Management Review of Quality, held inventory disposition, etc.
• Ensures that established systems / procedures / protocols are adequate to provide for consistent product quality, food safety, and regulatory compliance. For new technologies, ensures food safety processes are validated.
• Responsible for evaluation and resolution of customer / consumer product quality complaints.
• Provides Technical Quality support for innovations/renovations & TDC projects in close collaboration with cross-functional teams. Maintains network of food safety experts to draw from when working with unfamiliar/new food processing technologies.
• Drives the development and implementation of contract manufacturing product manuals, finished product specifications and training materials / programs.
• Conducts audits on existing and potential contract manufacturers, issues timely reports and drive corrective action follow-up and closure.
• Provides technical support product recall / withdrawals.
• Travel required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Minimum BS / BA degree in Food Science / Food Technology or related fields.
• Minimum of 3+ years of related experience in Quality Management, Manufacturing Operations or Product Development.
• Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMPs, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, basic food regulations, specifications, statistical analysis and basic food technology.
• Must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
• Strong demonstrated verbal / written communication, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
• Experience with SAP / GLOBE and Trace software preferred.
• Nestl NQMS / FSMS training, ISO 22000 Lead Auditor training or similar Food Safety and Quality Systems training by NFPA. Implementation experience in one or more systems is required.
• Project management skills preferred.
• PC proficiency in Windows-based applications