R&D Director- AI Ops, IT Operations Management Product GroupJob Description:R&D Director- AI Ops, IT Operations Management Product Group
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. Join Micro Focus to become part of this innovation-just like the impact we're having as the official technical partner of Jaguar TCS Racing . We provide world-class software and services to support their push for more points, podiums, and wins--both on and off the track in the fast-changing environment of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship.About the Role
We are looking for an impactful Research and Development Engineering Director who will help us in significantly advancing our state of the art in the strategic area of Artificial Intelligence Operations (AI Ops) and help us advance our leadership position in this space.
This is a highly visible and impactful role with an opportunity to influence the direction of a few large businesses within the IT Operations Management (ITOM) business. The role offers opportunities to build a new and innovating engineering team as well as take on responsibilities of managing existing AI Ops teams. The Director will be responsible for delivering major innovative features in the areas of log analytics, application trace analytics, event correlation, anomaly detection of operational metrics, and integrations with existing observability/operational products in general. This Director will run the AI Ops organization reporting to the CTO (VP) of ITOM. The role will have a direct influence on how our products are recognized by analyst, customers, and industry in general. The role offers significant potential for future growth as well.In this role, you will:
Your experience should include:
- Build a new team of software engineering, UX and data science in the US region responsible for delivering AI Ops innovations in the US and around the world
- Partner with the CTO/VP PM/Chief Architect, provide motivational leadership to the engineering teams
- Lead and manage existing AI Ops teams and align them to the broader AI Ops direction by doing necessary organizational adjustments.
- Organize to the technology strategy set by the Chief Product Owner/Chief Architect/Product Managers and contribute to the strategy
- Collaborate with and ensure that plans are directionally aligned with the strategic vision of CTO and VP of PM
- Deliver technically differentiated innovations in AI Ops
- Build customer intimacy in the teams to identify potential disruptive innovations
- Define innovation goals, such as patent filings, for the team
- Drive collaboration with other engineering teams with whom integration will be necessary to complete the customer consumable solution
- Bachelors in engineering/computer science/data science or equivalent and relevant experience required.
- Advanced university degree preferred but not required; course work in data science and machine learning is a strong plus
- At least 2 years of Director level experience in an engineering leadership role and 8+ in management in an agile environment; a significant portion of experience must be in the AI/ML/Data space in the domain of monitoring/observability/IT operations
- Proven success delivering a SaaS and on-prem product involving engineering of end to end pipeline of data engineering/data science/analytics/machine learning/Visualizations, particularly with data from sensors, machines, systems, networks, applications, cloud, and answering meaningful questions etc.
- Strong familiarity with the entire development process for Machine Learning based projects
- Success managing cross functional, dispersed teams in multiple geographies
- Working in a SAFe style environment and adjusting SAFe to suit the needs of the organizational situation
- Ssetting quality assurance and CICD standards in engineering teams and delivering to them
- Delivering containerized and cloud native software
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, the expected salary range for this role in Colorado is:
Salary Minimum $110,400 - Salary Maximum $257,600
You can learn more about our benefits at https://jobs.microfocus.com/global/en/benefits.