iDirect Government continues to fuel its engineering growth and seeks innovative, creative and experienced hardware RF design engineer who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. iDirect Government is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this new space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues to break new ground and create significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for corporate networking professionals. The analog/RF design engineer works within iDirect Government Engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for the participating in the specification, design, development, documentation and support of comprehensive satellite communications system incorporating power, digital and RF designs from concept through completion. He/she will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and works well in a team environment. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest team, and the very latest technology, then this is the job for you!
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Design, develop, and document RF board level hardware design from concept through to production.
* Coordinate and participate in hardware product development activities.
* Responsible for schematic capture, netlist generation, BOM generation and circuit board layout.
* Perform lab testing (DVT, HVT and SVT) and troubleshooting as needed.
* Take a collaborative design and validation approach in working with multi-functional team of PCB, hardware, mechanical, firmware, software, system test, production test and mechanical engineers.
* Participate in sustaining engineering activities, including modifying and enhancing existing designs.
* Attend and participate in system-level design meetings in order to address design issues early in the product development process.
* Provide training and support as required to manufacturing and test staff.
* Other duties as assigned
Professional Qualities:* Eager to work in a fast paced development environment.
* Must be able to analyze and solve technical problems.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
* Completes tasks in a timely manner.
* Communicates effectively on a technical level.
* Can work under pressure in high visibility situations.
* Flexible - able to quickly adapt to changing conditions and make decisions based on incomplete data.
* While we emphasis the ability to work in a team, the candidate must also be effective as a single contributor as the situation warrants.
* Willing to take direction and follow formal design process.
* 7+ years of experience in RF/Analog design.
* Proven results of having contributed to entire product development life cycle.
* Knowledge in PLL, VCO, Modulator, Demodulator, amplifiers, Op Amp, logic gates, power supplies.
* Experience in SPICE design and the associated tools
* Experience in methods to reduce power supply switching noise.
* Experience with schematic capture software, preferably Mentor Graphic?s DXD.
* Knowledge of signal integrity and EMI/EMC issues.
* Practical experience in hardware debug - use of test equipment (DSO, Spectrum Analyzer, Waveform Generator, FRA, etc.).
* Appreciation for DFx (design for cost, test, manufacturing).
* Experience in hybrid RF/Digital PCB board layout.
* Working knowledge of volume production, process and quality; RMAs, Functional Test Fixtures
* Familiarity with electronics manufacturing process.
* Familiarity with IP Networking protocols and standards.
* Experience in communications background - satellite or wireless preferred.
* Experience developing and maintaining comprehensive test plans.
Education: BS/MS in Electronic or Communications Engineering - MS preferred
Clearance: Active DoD Clearance preferred; or must be eligible to obtain clearance
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.