Requisition Number: 84360
We are Insight
As a Fortune 500-ranked
global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services
, we help clients successfully manage their IT today
while transforming for tomorrow
From IT strategy and design
to implementation and management
, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter
2020 US Partner of the Year Databricks
2020 National Consulting and SI Partner of the Year HashiCorp
2020 Partner Award: Americas Investment Partner of the Year Intel
2020 US Innovation Partner of the Year
Our Insight Digital Innovation
team is searching for an experienced, passionate and professional Engineer specializing in Modern Applications
to join our team.
You will serve as thought leader, solution visionary, technology expert to our clients and within our Insight team. You are the most technical resource on projects. You will help clients envision future state capabilities, define & design modern application solutions to achieve that vision and lead the implementation of those modern applications, mentoring other Insight developers along the way.
We are practitioners of lean engineering (a high velocity product development process that applies Lean and DevOps practices), microservice oriented patterns and practices, and cloud platform capabilities for the design and development of modern applications, SaaS and PaaS solutions. While much of our work is in the Microsoft stack, our AWS and Google Cloud expertise and services are expanding fast.
We provide these services to our clients who are business of all sizes from startups to fortune 500 companies. What is consistent across our clients is that they are interested in transforming their business through modern applications and have engaged Insight to deliver on that vision.What our Modern Applications Engineers Do:
- Map business needs to technical solutions that will make clients more relevant and competitive
- Lead teams in building cutting-edge applications for companies ranging in scale from startup to Fortune 100 in a variety of industries including health life sciences, finance, manufacturing and more
- Work directly with clients to understand the deep technical problems and pain points that slow them down.
- Acts as a thought leader to both the client and fellow teammates within the Modern Apps Practice.
- Serve as technical leaders and mentors to uplift the skill sets of everyone on the team
- Deliver technical recommendations, presentations and workshops to groups of peers and/or clients
- On occasion, assist with the technical sales:
- Meet with clients to understand their needs and help envision cloud native solutions to meet those needs.
- Understands cloud platform capabilities and architects solutions that efficiently meets client needs.
- Helps understand required skillsets and collaborates with Practice Managers to plan for appropriate agile team makeup.
- Contributes to Statements of Work (SOW) and Proposal creation
The Primary Tech stack for this person would be ReactJS (with Micro Front-End), NodeJS, GraphQL, and Postgress.
Some nice to haves:
- C++ Exposure
- Jest, Mocha, Cucumber, Selenium
- Jira, Agile
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
- Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year
- Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2020 list of Best Places to Work
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: New York || New York (US-NY) || United States (US) || None || None || US - New York, NY ||Nearest Major Market:
Manhattan Nearest Secondary Market:
New York City Job Segment:
Engineer, Developer, Consulting, Supply, Information Technology, Engineering, Technology, Operations